James Greenwood Home At 1839 Kirby Dr.

Highrise Tower

Found a James Greenwood, Jr. curriculum vitae that lists his residence in River Oaks.  I believe the home was demolished and a new mansion took its place.  Tried searching on Google Earth but there's too many trees on the parcel to find the house.

I never knew Jas. Greenwood, Jr. was included in all of the Texas Medical Center hospitals.  He practically worked at every TMC hospital. Impressive resume! Although, I did notice the infamous Greenwood Sanitarium was not listed. I do know his father, James Greenwood, Sr. founded the sanitarium. I thought he worked at the sanitarium a long side his father? He was a doctor there.

James Greenwood, Jr., M. D.
718 Hermann Professional Building
Houston Texas 77025

NAME: James Greenwood, Jr., M. D.

ADDRESS: 718 Hermann Professional Building, Houston, Texas 77025

RESIDENCE: 1839 Kirby, Houston, Texas 77019

DATE OF BIRTH: July 19, 1907, Seguin (Guadalupe County), Texas.

MARITAL STATUS: Married. Father of six children.

EDUCATION: Rice University, Houston, Texas, B. A., 1927.
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, M. D. , 1931.
Internship and residency: Philadelphia General Hospital, 1931-35.
(Two-year general internship, including seven months in neuropsychiatry, neurosurgery, and neuroophthaimology; Two-year residency in neurology and psychiatry, including charge of neurosurgical service.) Two and a half months in Philadelphia, 1939, neurosurgery and neuropathology with Dr. F. C. Grant and Dr. F. H. Lewey. Alpha Omega Alpha (honorary, medical school).

LICENSED TO PRACTICE: Texas.

SPECIALTY: Began practice September 1935 (Houston), neurology and neuro surgery; limited to neurosurgery exclusively since 1942.

BOARD AFFILIATIONS: American Board of Neurological Surgery, 1941. American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1940.

MEMBERSHIPS: American College of Surgeons (Fellow); American Medical Association; The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (formerly The Harvey Cushing Society); American Academy of Neurological Surgeons; Southern Neurosurgical Society (V, President 1951, President 1960-1); Texas Surgical Society (2nd V. President 1946, Member of Council 1960-64, President 1964) ; Texas State Medical Association; Texas Neuropsychiatric Society (President 1941); Southwestern Surgical Society (Founder Member); Houston Surgical Society (President 1962); Houston Neurological.

HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS: Methodist Hospital (president-elect of Staff 1941 and President 1942; president-elect of Staff 1955-56 and President 1957-58; Chairman, Division of Neurosurgery 1936 to present). Consulting neurosurgeon Hermann Hospital (Chairman Emeritus Division of Neurosurgery); St. Luke's Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital, Ben Taub Hospital City-County; Veterans' Administration Hospital, M. D. Anderson Hospital for Cancer Research. Formerly consultant Southern Pacific Hospital and Hospital Association Missouri Pacific Lines. Courtesy Staff: Memorial Baptist Hospital and St. Anthony Center.

V0U0ZFR.png

YI6oncZ.png

• Like 1