Mad Daddy's Inferno Club At 4807 Bissonnet St.

sak

I was there once, if I am thinking of the right place, but I can not say where it was. I went with 2 friends on a summer night in 1964 or 65. I have a better memory of going to La Maison when it was in a former grocery store, in 1965. I think these places were popular with kids from all over Houston. My cousin from the East End spent a lot time at both places as well as friends from SW Houston. There was a small, very short lived, 'teen club' on Bissonett in Bellaire near the Bellaire bowling alley. It was called Mad Daddy's Inferno. That name jumping out of my memory is too bizarre, a true flash from the past.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was there once, if I am thinking of the right place, but I can not say where it was. I went with 2 friends on a summer night in 1964 or 65. I have a better memory of going to La Maison when it was in a former grocery store, in 1965. I think these places were popular with kids from all over Houston. My cousin from the East End spent a lot time at both places as well as friends from SW Houston. There was a small, very short lived, 'teen club' on Bissonett in Bellaire near the Bellaire bowling alley. It was called Mad Daddy's Inferno. That name jumping out of my memory is too bizarre, a true flash from the past.

Mad Daddy's Inferno!...Thanks for the post...first time I've ever herd anyone mention MDI in almost fifty years.  I knew the owner's son and I think his name was Porvechio..plus, my band played there one night.  Seems I remember we set up in an elevated loft area near the back...we did 'You Really Got Me' et al. 

• 9 years later...

Mad Daddy's Inferno Club was located at 4807 Bissonnet Street.

From the newspaper The Bellaire & Southwestern Texan dated March 17, 1965. 

'Mad Daddy's's Mad Say Will Return

Mrs. Paul Porrovecchio and a delegation of young people appeared at the Bellaire City Council meeting Monday night, supposedly to protest the closing of "Mad Daddy's Inferno" a teen-age night club which has been operating at 4807 Bissonnet--

0svsunp.png