Buchanan's Property - 624 E. 11th St.

hindesky

Nice catch, @hindesky!

According to HCAD records, 626 E 11th St is part of the parcel at 624 E 11th St. The address for the unified parcel is 624 E 11th St.

You may want to edit the title and change it to 624 E 11th St instead. Double click on the title to add the address of the property. You can also click on the edit button and edit the title from there since you created this topic 🙂 .

Here are the parcel maps:

qy9pUVl.jpg

PMwhNh6.jpg

624 E 11th St was formerly home to metal fabricator business Bright Metals of the Heights. The property is next to Frost Bank, which is located at  628 E 11th St.

Below is an old sale listing for 624 E 11th St in the Greater Heights area. The listing was posted in early 2021. It was unlisted July 2021.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/624-E-11th-St-Houston-TX/22013374/

eXyuWnZ.jpg

dySlZcc.jpg

fADLPun.jpg

drKhekJ.jpg

C2QTsxC.jpg

sBEWAWZ.jpg

aVk8kOu.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 12/17/2022 at 1:27 AM, hindesky said:

Google Maps shows a For Sale sign. Curious what is planned for the property.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:44 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

624 E 11th St was formerly home to metal fabricator business Bright Metals of the Heights. The property is next to Frost Bank, which is located at  628 E 11th St.

Below is an old sale listing for 624 E 11th St in the Greater Heights area. The listing was posted in early 2021. It was unlisted July 2021.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/624-E-11th-St-Houston-TX/22013374/

The parcel at 624 E 11th St, which includes 626 E 11th St as shown in the photos above, was sold in October. The proprietors of local nursery Buchanan's Native Plants acquired the property.

Buchanan's Native Plants also acquired 620 E 11th St last year. It's the lot next to 624 E 11th St. Combined, the total acreage of the properties is 0.36 acres.

Maybe 624 E 11th St will be used for storage like 620 E 11th St. I don't know.  

Wkl1Ltg.jpg

620 E 11th St
MNvzoR9.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Maybe 624 E 11th St will be used for storage like 620 E 11th St. I don't know. 

Buchanans is one of the very few businesses in The Heights that needs more parking.  Not because of its popularity, which is evident.  But because of the nature of what it sells.  I say this as someone who once hauled a five-foot-tall cypress tree home on a subway with a hand truck.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Buchanan's Property Across Street - 624 E. 11th St.
On 12/17/2022 at 6:38 AM, editor said:

Buchanans is one of the very few businesses in The Heights that needs more parking.  Not because of its popularity, which is evident.  But because of the nature of what it sells.  I say this as someone who once hauled a five-foot-tall cypress tree home on a subway with a hand truck.

I bought a wheelbarrow at C&D and walked it home once because it would not fit in my Prius.  

I wonder whether they will put the mulch/soil etc. part across the street and expand the parking across the back of the property?  

• The title was changed to Buchanan's Property - 624 E. 11th St.