305 Congress, Austin American Statesman land approved for development

bobruss

Development south of Lady Bird Lake on the old Austin American Statesman site. Looks like millions of square feet of space to be developed over time with several high rise structures and mixed use. This might take a while with the tech developments over the last month. I'm glad to see downtown jump the lake. I'm surprised it took them this long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

Development south of Lady Bird Lake on the old Austin American Statesman site. Looks like millions of square feet of space to be developed over time with several high rise structures and mixed use. This might take a while with the tech developments over the last month. I'm glad to see downtown jump the lake. I'm surprised it took them this long.

There is about 18.5 acres(about 900,000 square feet) to develop there. Being next to the lake should bring a premium price for the developments.

• 1 year later...

Austin developers dealt blow from court ruling over waterfront plan - Austin Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"Endeavor Real Estate Group LLC's plan to transform the former downtown headquarters of the Austin American-Statesman into a huge mixed-use development is facing a potential impasse, as are other redevelopment projects just south of Lady Bird Lake.

That's because a judge has sided in favor of a court challenge that argues the city of Austin acted unlawfully in creating a financing mechanism intended to help pay for infrastructure improvements within the 118-acre area called the South Central Waterfront District.

The decision was made by Travis County District Court Judge Jessica Mangrum on April 12."