I-45 Drive-In Theater At 211 West Rd.

FilioScotia

The I-45 North drive-in was at the intersection of 45 North and West Rd. There is now a Fry's and mixed retail on that site...can't even tell there was a drive-in there before.

The only one I know of that has (had?) anything intact is the Epsom Downs (though that was a couple years ago - it could be gone now).

That drive-in on 45 at West Road was the McLendon Six. Six screens for your viewing pleasure.

The old Epsom Drive-in was on Jensen Drive three streets north of Tidwell. There's not much left of it, physically. There's a building where the concession stand would have been, but the screen tower is gone. Zoom in on Google Earth and you can still see the clear outlines of the speaker rows. It's on Jensen three streets north of Tidwell. In your handy Keymap on page 454-A you will notice there's still a short street named Epsom at that location.

The drive-in was built in the late 40s over part of the old Epsom Downs Race Track, which closed when Texas outlawed pari-mutuel horse race betting in 1937. A lot of that old property is now a Metro Park and Ride lot.

Edited by FilioScotia