1111 E 11th St

IntheKnowHouston

5 hours ago, bookey23 said:

Looks like this is going to be a Starbucks....

The Wolf Capital Partners website definitely corroborates this: 1111 E 11th St — Wolf Capital Partners (wolf-cp.com)

Thanks for the update, @bookey23. I'm disappointed the coffee shop leasing the other 1111 E St unit is Starbucks. However, I like the facade design Shelbi Nicole and team painted a while back. I also like Wolf Capital Partners is still incorporating an outdoor patio.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

5 hours ago, bookey23 said:

The Wolf Capital Partners website definitely corroborates this: 1111 E 11th St — Wolf Capital Partners (wolf-cp.com) 1111+E+11th+St.png?format=1500w

An updated rendering of 1111 E 11th St with tenant signage included (without the lease text). The image is from the latest marketing materials for the property.

wbyP5h6.jpg

Updated marketing materials for 1111 W 11th St are linked below. The most recent site plan showing Starbucks leasing the remaining unit is also included.

Starbucks joins boxing gym chain Rumble at the former 2nd Cup space.

https://www.wolf-cp.com/properties/1111-e-11th-st

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8mvqs5w1crs4iu/Wolf Capital Partners - 1111 E 11th Flyer.pdf?dl=0

lSUyGWV.jpg

9R2l6GM.jpg

On 1/10/2024 at 7:44 AM, bookey23 said:

Looks like this is going to be a Starbucks....

image.png.ffa51b11277cac913807841f6ab54eee.png

Following the filing of an architectural barriers project for Starbucks at 1111 E 11th St, a plan reviewing fee permit was purchased yesterday. A few details from the permit:

• Use: Buildout, coffee shop
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

CLpsIEo.png

• 3 weeks later...

Below is photo of 1111 E 11th St posted in another topic last week.

1111 E 11th St was previously occupied by A 2nd Cup coffee shop which relocated to Lindale Park. As posted above, the space has been leased to boxing gym Rumble and Starbucks.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/6065-the-heights-restaurant-and-bar-scene-more-coming/?do=findComment&comment=696303

On 2/1/2024 at 4:17 PM, hindesky said:

HLsAOGV.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Below are recent photos of 1111 E 11th St. The photos were posted in an unrelated topic last week.

As mentioned, boxing gym Rumble and coffee shop Starbucks are leasing units. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/topic/53342-1132-e-11th-st/?do=findComment&comment=698968

On 3/20/2024 at 12:28 PM, steve1363 said:

This is the existing parking lot next to Starbucks referred to by @twisterhunt

Would be great if it could be shared.   I'm curious if Starbucks is going to add a drive-thru...20240320_112618.jpg.edd7bdbcd9f3be487742a69b9fa0a664.jpg20240320_112651.jpg.1cf55d799412b9c1e9a18092d55ecb45.jpg

Posted (edited)

A certificate of appropriateness application has been submitted for the building located on the 1111 E 11th St property. The developer is seeking approval to make a few changes.

The application and other submitted documents aren't currently visible. This may be on the agenda for next month's Houston Archaeological & Historical Commission meeting.

As mentioned in previous posts, the building is making room for two retail tenants. One tenant is boxing gym Rumble. The other is coffee shop chain Starbucks.

Below is the project description provided:

New Starbucks Coffee - remove existing RTU's and install new RTU in same location of old units.  New outdoor patio and knee wall, patio furniture, new pergola system at outdoor seating, new planters and wall lighting scones.  New storefront door.  All other exterior facade/finishes to remain as existing.

https://cohweb.houstontx.gov/hpt/ViewApp_Public.aspx?AppID=LFSGYMAmnso%3d

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2024 at 4:46 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A certificate of appropriateness application has been submitted for the building located on the 1111 E 11th St property. The developer is seeking approval to make a few changes.

The application and other submitted documents aren't currently visible. This may be on the agenda for next month's Houston Archaeological & Historical Commission meeting.

As mentioned in previous posts, the building is making room for two retail tenants. One tenant is boxing gym Rumble. The other is coffee shop chain Starbucks.

New Starbucks Coffee - remove existing RTU's and install new RTU in same location of old units.  New outdoor patio and knee wall, patio furniture, new pergola system at outdoor seating, new planters and wall lighting scones.  New storefront door.  All other exterior facade/finishes to remain as existing.

A photo of the certificate of appropriateness application posted outside 1111 E 11th St. This was posted in an unrelated thread. 

As mentioned, Starbucks is seeking approval for a few exterior changes and new rooftop units.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/topic/50307-1115-e-11th-st/?do=findComment&comment=701228  

On 4/26/2024 at 12:43 PM, hbg.50 said:

Sign on Starbucks 20240426_123119.jpg.c88579f681af613f40a86af8f3feba16.jpg

On 3/28/2024 at 4:46 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Photos of 1111 E 11th St included in the certificate of appropriateness application. The application was submitted to the Houston Archaeological & Historical Commission.

I think the photos were snapped last spring.

Southeast corner of building

FtITnPB.jpeg

East facade of building

dOFCH23.jpeg

South facade of building

G6AWGO4.jpeg

Future Starbucks suite (south facade of building)

65taDEt.jpeg

On 1/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An updated rendering of 1111 E 11th St with tenant signage included (without the lease text). The image is from the latest marketing materials for the property.

wbyP5h6.jpg

Updated renderings of Starbucks at 1111 E 11th St are below. The renderings are included in materials submitted with a certificate of appropriateness application.

Starbucks is located in the space that previously housed A 2nd Cup. The building was subdivided to include two tenants: Rumble at 1113 E 11th St and Starbucks at 1111 E 11th St.

a58nm7Q.jpeg

LbUxxTi.jpeg

RHGR2LX.jpeg

I do appreciate that this Starbucks is seemingly leaning into a much more stay and hang vibe than so many others in the city. It's a big chain so its always a bit of bummer to see them come in BUT if they maintain a good store and try to design for the space and neighborhood its not a bad thing for 11th.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BigRed said:

I do appreciate that this Starbucks is seemingly leaning into a much more stay and hang vibe than so many others in the city.

The design, at least from the outside, appears to encourage hanging out. I like it. Each location is designed to fit the needs of the area to a degree. I think the inclusion of an outdoor patio is a good idea. With the middle school across the street, I can see this being an after school hangout for the students and parents.

I wonder if there is any accommodations for bicycles? I didn't notice it in the drawing. If there will be space for bikes, I may have overlooked it in the submitted documents.

12 hours ago, BigRed said:

BUT if they maintain a good store and try to design for the space and neighborhood its not a bad thing for 11th.

I agree.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The design, at least from the outside, appears to encourage hanging out. I like it. Each location is designed to fit the needs of the area to a degree. I think the inclusion of an outdoor patio is a good idea. With the middle school across the street, I can see this being an after school hangout for the students and parents.

That's a strange and deceptive rendering...looks like someplace in Arizona.  The reality is there is very little room for an outdoor space.  The street is right there.  Maybe they can squeeze in two patio tables max?  The parking area is to the right.  How will those customers enter the store?20240320_112618.jpg.f7164a06194d5b027a56e6aa20e9f61e.jpg

Edited by hbg.50

This building has a good 25' to the curb, which is plenty of space for a patio area and a sidewalk.

That's not to say the rendering isn't bad. The building's proportions are wrong, and the street itself looks weird, but there is absolutely space for the patio shown in the rendering.

Edited by Texasota
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Texasota said:

This building has a good 25' to the curb, which is plenty of space for a patio area and a sidewalk.

That's not to say the rendering isn't bad. The building's proportions are wrong, and the street itself looks weird, but there is absolutely space for the patio shown in the rendering.

Ok.Screenshot_20240430-152937_Maps.jpg.d3bd4ed06a8ce6e5c80ecca54bfd0f5f.jpg

26 minutes ago, hbg.50 said:

Screenshot_20240430-152937_Maps.jpg.d3bd4ed06a8ce6e5c80ecca54bfd0f5f.jpg

On 1/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

wbyP5h6.jpg

I think the renderings insinuates that the those parking spaces in your post will be replaced by the patio the others have posted. Small but still better than nothing.

• Like 1

I was super hoping all of those front parking spaces for the center would be removed... they are pain's to get into no doubt (never personally tried) and just having some planters and bikes racks would be lovely. I mean hell I would settle for a dang formal sidewalk.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BigRed said:

I was super hoping all of those front parking spaces for the center would be removed... they are pain's to get into no doubt (never personally tried) and just having some planters and bikes racks would be lovely. I mean hell I would settle for a dang formal sidewalk.

I agree... would look a lot nicer without those parking spots in front. 

• Like 1