Silver St. Signal Installation & Improvements

• 9 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, s3mh said:

This is great news.  Silver St. is a great short cut from the hike and bike path to Buffalo Bayou.  The only problem was cutting across Washington Ave at Silver.  

I am confused - how do you get across Memorial there? Are they building a ped/bike bridge?

33 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

I am confused - how do you get across Memorial there? Are they building a ped/bike bridge?

You turn right on Sawyer and pick up the bike trail just before the Sawyer st. overpass.  The trail takes you under the overpass, along the cemetery and links up with the Buffalo Bayou trail across the bayou from the police memorial.  

2 hours ago, s3mh said:

You turn right on Sawyer and pick up the bike trail just before the Sawyer st. overpass.  The trail takes you under the overpass, along the cemetery and links up with the Buffalo Bayou trail across the bayou from the police memorial.  

So Silver to Lubbock to Sawyer to Bayou? That is a nice shortcut. Thanks for that!

58 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

So Silver to Lubbock to Sawyer to Bayou? That is a nice shortcut. Thanks for that!

Better yet, Silver all the way down to N. Memorial Way (the road in front of the road closed signs in Hindesky's photos) and then take a right on the path with all the oak trees.  That goes straight on to the path that goes down to the bayou.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, s3mh said:

Got coffee at Catalina on the way to work and did not see anything happening at Washington and Silver.

Saw big trucks, rebar, and cones blocking off a lane on silver at Washington yesterday.

love Catalina…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

These lights are awesome. Much nicer crossing Washington now. Only problem is the sensors don’t register me as a cyclists so won’t cycle green. I have to wait for a car to stop too and then the lights will cycle green. Anyone else noticed this?

7 hours ago, Stephen. said:

These lights are awesome. Much nicer crossing Washington now. Only problem is the sensors don’t register me as a cyclists so won’t cycle green. I have to wait for a car to stop too and then the lights will cycle green. Anyone else noticed this?

Try leaning your bike over. That's how I get sensor gates to open.