4.4-Acres For Sale At 9604 South Main St.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

The Loopnet listing has been taken down!  This listing is not currently being advertised on LoopNet.com.

I wasn't aware this was Under Contract. Was this recently sold under the table? Perhaps Frank Liu/InTown Homes will revamp the project and has asked Loopnet to take it down?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Buffalo-Speedway-South-Main-St-Houston-TX/21700394/

puRTtHr.png

• Like 1

To me this is a major sub/urban site.  With South Main being the foremost automotive commercial corridor in the early post-streetcar-suburb days of Houston, but having been passed over in recent decades, it would be important to me to see it not flip from strip malls to garage wrap donuts -- or a pan's labyrinth of driveway loaded townhomes on the other hand -- if we're still imagining ourselves the next major metropolis.  

If this is accessible enough to the rest of the city *and* to TMC to be worth developing as mixed use now without marketing luxury product (luxury is not a potential that this site has) then maybe workforce urban shopping and living are coming of age here again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, Highrise Tower said:

InTown Homes is unloading more land. CBRE is marketing this as 4.4-Acres. Perfect for multifamily, with the freeway down the street.

X2QG7yO.jpg

Additional sale listings of 9604 S Main St and 9714 Buffalo Speedway. The properties are located in the Brasewood neighborhood.

As noted above, the Loopnet listing is no longer available. It's also shown as off the market on Crexi. However, the properties are still listed for sale on CBRE's website.

Details from the listing:

•  Land for sale - divisible

• ~4.4 acres land opportunity

• Use considerations: mixed-use, residential (mf & th), office, hospitality, medical, retail

https://www.cbre.com/properties/properties-for-lease/commercial-space/details/US-SMPL-54368/s-main-buffalo-speedway-9714-buffalo-speedway-77025

https://www.cbre.com/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-54368/154b51da/0b4795da-800f-4422-9feb-77772c9094f4.pdf

https://www.crexi.com/properties/685674/texas-s-main-buffalo-speedway

EcxrE3E.jpg

HwDmSU1.jpg

Aerial photos of 9604 S Main St and 9714 Buffalo Speedway. These were included in sales materials.

The photos aren't recent. The Alec Center, which is undergoing renovations and rebranding as the South Loop Center, is shown in the photos. Several retailers that are no longer at South Loop Center are shown in the below photos.

L7fdqhc.jpg

BaULap7.jpg

Qfk1Mwr.jpg

AAZtVCY.jpg

On 3/2/2023 at 3:36 PM, Highrise Tower said:

The Loopnet listing has been taken down!  This listing is not currently being advertised on LoopNet.com.

I wasn't aware this was Under Contract. Was this recently sold under the table? Perhaps Frank Liu/InTown Homes will revamp the project and has asked Loopnet to take it down?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/Buffalo-Speedway-South-Main-St-Houston-TX/21700394/

There is nothing pertaining to 9604 S Main St and 9714 Buffalo Speedway changing hands on the county clerk's site. 

It's possible the seller may have unlisted the properties without selling for whatever reasons. I've noticed some brokers removing their listings from Loopnet but relisting on other real estate sites or their own. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That seems like a generous amount of real estate for a convenience store but given the traffic at the Starbuck's it is probably warranted. There is a Quik Trip near my home in San Antonio that is in a less than stellar neighborhood - not unlike this stretch of South Main. The area is not dangerous just a bit run-down looking. It probably had it hey-days in the 1990s or early 2000s. That said, the times I've stopped in the QT it was always clean, wall stocked, and the staff was attentive.

By the way, I lived in West U. from the time before the abandoned hotel on this site was demolished until just over two years ago and passed by it occasionally. I've always wondered what would be built here. 

Absolutely hate it and extremely annoyed :/ I understand free market and that business is business...... but this wave of gas stations popping up on every single prime real estate is really frustrating. There's a Texaco directly north of this property, a Shell directly east of this property, a Chevron 0.3 miles south of this property, and a Valero 0.3 miles north of this property, a Valero 0.4 miles northwest of this property, and an Exon 0.5 miles north of this property. Not to mention a new gas station planned at the former Golden Coral 0.4 miles south of this property. Just in the 0.4 mile radius of this proposed gas station, there will already be 7 gas stations....