Cigarette Smoking Bans & Ordinances

hokieone

2 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Are you referencing the incident where the CIA might have been involved...

No. I was thinking of Art Linkletter's daughter, which was an event when I was in elementary school that was held up as an example of what can go wrong if a person reacts badly to the drug.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Are you referencing the incident where the CIA might have been involved...

A reasonable person might conclude in reference to that particular incident that there was very possibly no jumping  involved, but rather a homicide that was made to look like the decedent had jumped from a hotel window.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:18 PM, Ross said:

No. I was thinking of Art Linkletter's daughter, which was an event when I was in elementary school that was held up as an example of what can go wrong if a person reacts badly to the drug.

Mighty suspicious that David E. Durston was with her when she jumped out of the window and also happened to be with another woman when she wound up dead from drowning.   Some serious Robert Durst vibes...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, BeerNut said:

Zero people have died directly from consuming LSD....just saying...

My mom, who knew lots of people who took LSD in the 60's would beg to differ.  She told me all kinds of horror stories about her friends who took LSD. 

I suspect that today's modern tech-industry-fueled LSD mini-craze isn't real LSD, like back then; but some kind of watered down version.  Like how people who currently drink absinthe scoff at it being illegal way back when, without knowing that what they're drinking today is 1/500th the potency of the drink that was killing people when it was banned.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, editor said:

My mom, who knew lots of people who took LSD in the 60's would beg to differ.  She told me all kinds of horror stories about her friends who took LSD. 

I suspect that today's modern tech-industry-fueled LSD mini-craze isn't real LSD, like back then; but some kind of watered down version.  Like how people who currently drink absinthe scoff at it being illegal way back when, without knowing that what they're drinking today is 1/500th the potency of the drink that was killing people when it was banned.

There's a difference between death through consumption(like drinking till alcohol poisoning) and doing something life threatening while tripping.  As for LSD drinks killing people.... trust but verify.