Lamar Tower Condominiums At 2929 Buffalo Spdwy.

Billboards along the freeways are one thing, but digital boards playing video are another. Anyone else envision them becoming so distracting that wrecks happen more frequently in proximity to them. A few accidents and lawsuits later I believe this will be re-thought very quickly.

But don't expect the campaign against billboards to be easy. Someone is making money off these things, and they wont allow their wallets to get lighter without a fight. They will take on anyone who wants to get these things removed.

At the very least they can get rid of billboards that are not along highways... especially the ones near me that we've wanted gone for nearly 20 years and more.... check Buffalo Speedway, between West Alabama and Westheimer, across from the Lamar Tower Condominiums. It's, for the most part, a residential area, leading right into River Oaks... complete with advertising eyesores.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Lamar Tower Condominiums At 2929 Buffalo Spdwy.
  • 1 year later...

Great location. You can get in for around $300/sqft, which is among the lowest for a high-rise in that area. I assume because it's older, and maybe doesn't have the amenities of the newer places? Not sure. Also have no idea how well it's maintained. Haven't been in it for years.

23 hours ago, astrohip said:

maybe doesn't have the amenities of the newer places

The Lamar Tower was built in 1964. A client of mine did a remodel in the mid 1990s and the building was well maintained then. One thing the condominium did not have at the time was its own washer and dryer hook-ups. I cannot imagine occupants now using a communal laundry room. I guess if one has hired help to do the laundry that inconvenience isn't so much of an issue. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

I wonder what the average age of a resident is at Lamar Tower. My guess is 76.

I cannot speak to the average then or now but the remodel I did in the mid 1990s was for a young attorney who was less than 40 years of age at the time. 

• Thanks 2