Campanile On Minimax: Multifamily At 2727 Minimax Dr.

Highrise Tower

Campanile on Minimax is one of the weirdest, kludgiest names for an apartment complex I've ever seen but I kind of love it. I mean think about it. A campanile is an Italian word for a bell tower we associate with college campuses and old world city centers. Minimax was a grocery store that went out of business.

I find it amusing and kind of cool that the name of a long defunct supermarket chain lives on just because the driveway into their distribution center back in the 1970s was a public road and got a name printed on road signs and maps. And then due to happenstance all that land is getting developed into high density residential.

Eventually it will just be the Minimax District, and I actually think that's kind of cool and they should go with it.

Edited by zaphod
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Campanile On Minimax: Multifamily At 2727 Minimax Dr.
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, hindesky said:

e3t17Hw.png

Ud1lBQe.jpg

Chron article about approval of vouchers for this.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/housing/article/houston-housing-authority-affordable-housing-18107245.php

"The Campanile on Minimax is slated to be a 177-unit, mixed-income apartment complex. (This apartment complex is named after the street on which the now-defunct grocery store Minimax once sat.) "

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 7:08 AM, Kim Brown said:

image.png.4d43a0f41e0254227849fdfcf3e24050.png

image.png.f456925351a073bba9db8178b477bdd4.png
image.png.c74a81c7e3a708a421964aa95cec37c0.png

On 8/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, hindesky said:

e3t17Hw.png

Ud1lBQe.jpg

A special warranty deed for this property was recorded to the county clerk's database two weeks ago. According to the document, Houston Housing Authority acquired the property.

HCAD lists the parcel address as 0 Rose Western Court.  The three acre parcel is located in the Timbergrove area.  This may be in the Timbergrove Southwest neighborhood, but I'm not certain.

As mentioned in above posts, Houston Housing Authority is constructing a mixed-income apartment complex on the property. Named Campanile on Minimax, the apartments are located at 2727 Minimax St.

hJ549Nz.png

January 2022 Google Earth images

Y7Vye7F.jpeg

wEf2XJD.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 1:51 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A commercial plumbing permit was purchased Friday for 2727 Minimax St.

The permit pertains to Campanile on Minimax. It's a Houston Housing Authority mixed-income apartment development going up soon.

7GnVUcS.png

A P1 additional plumbing permit was purchased for 2727 Minimax St yesterday.

The permit pertains to Campanile on Minimax. It's a Houston Housing Authority mixed-income apartment development going up soon.

mTiPKdd.png

• Like 1