Guardian Angels To Come To Sharpstown Area !

Modernceo

Mayor Brown is still the poster boy of the EEOC and NAACP. Don't get me started.

But how much longer can we continue to blame him?

Is it too much to expect White to clean things up? His Transportation Initiatives are OK. Not rocket science by any stretch.

So far I'd give him a C+.

But I am afraid he is continuing to distract himself from the real issues like crime.

Throughout the 90s Houston saw some of its greatest population growth ever but crime rates fell during that decade. That's pretty significant. But we had the COPS program back then, which was one of the first casualties when Bush took office.

I believe that White so far has done a good job, although I do not agree with everything the Mayor has done. But he did step up his game during the Katrina/ Rita evacuations. Albiet, Rita evacuations were a far cry it was really assuring to see our Mayor taking charge and working closely with the other officals to make sure that everyone was on the same page and that our Officals were not just sitting and waiting for one another to do something like what happend in New Orleans with Katrina

There is a crime crisis in the works, and nobody is doing anything.

Meanwhile, in cities that get it:

Chicago targets gang crime hotspots

And Mayor White's targeting of the after-hours clubs that spawned so much violence was what - window dressing? Looks to me like he 'gets it' just fine. Further, any increase will make an already low murder rate's percentages appear to jump at an alarming rate. Do not be deceived. This is not a crisis.

Now people are shooting each other in apartment parking lots instead of nightclub parking lots. And he's dealing with it.

And to answer your question "Who is responsible (for murder)?" - well, call me old fashioned, but I'll say it's the people who pull the triggers - not Mayor White.

Exposed as red-light synchronization expert. So he took a ride in a HPD cruiser last month in the Gulfton Ghetto. Wowza.

If that's not leadership, I don't know what is. There is a crime crisis in the works, and nobody is doing anything.

Meanwhile, in cities that get it:

Chicago targets gang crime hotspots

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4553378.stm

91% of the vote.

That's easy to do. Can you even name one of his opponents?

Chicago also has 3,000 city-run cameras plugged directly into the police department with comptuers that detect gunshots and 911 calls and automatically zoom in on the affected areas.

But that doesn't mean Chicago doesn't also need Guardian Angels. Because it does. And they're here. I saw a bunch of them last week when I was on my way home from work.

It's OK to continue this thread about crime, but let's move the Mayor White messages into the City Hall section.

• 2 years later...

Someone beat me to it!

Thought of creating a topic about the Guardian Angels under Houston History.

Its now been over 26 years since they came to Houston from NY Bronx area. Boy did they face oppositon when they first appeared here. I recall many people calling them dumb yankees and that Texas didn't need them. It went on and on and on. :wacko: I imagine it was the Brooklyn dialect Texan's were tripping to? "Yoouzzz guys" isnt so bad.

You have to give them credit though, at least they were trying to do good. If I were in trouble and they were nearby, I wouldn't think twice for asking for help.

I thought they were gone for good years ago? Apparently not see related article.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5824106/detail.html

http://www.guardianangels.org/

010306_angels.jpg

• The title was changed to Guardian Angels To Come To Sharpstown Area !

Archived