Pres. Of Iran Bans Western Music

TJones

i also heard they took all references to "beer" and "pork" out of the Simpsons when they re-air it there. though that may not have been Iran, think it was in an Arab country...

Homer w/o beer and baaaaaaaacon...slobber....drool.....Must be a 5 minute show over there.

i also heard they took all references to "beer" and "pork" out of the Simpsons when they re-air it there. though that may not have been Iran, think it was in an Arab country...

ABC World News Tonight did that story. It was pretty funny. I don't remember if it was Iran, but it was a Middle Eastern country.

The new Iranian president refuses to accept events in History (calling the Holocaust a myth, etc.) and is obviously feeling inferior to the West. He wants to wipe Israel off the map. This guy is the next Hitler.

He's also a hypocrite. There's an island in the Persian Gulf that's part of Iran where Islamic law is, or at lease seems, suspended. They have malls, and filthy rich people living in skyscrapers, and you can get anything you want if you have enough American dollars. It's a lot like Hong Kong, but not so crowded.

Homer w/o beer and baaaaaaaacon...slobber....drool.....Must be a 5 minute show over there.

They turn beer into soda, and have Homer eat other foods.

Well, I do not mind an edited version like that, as long as there is an unedited DVD version available.

DJ, the Cuban crisis in in another thread already, could you please take it there ? -_-

Be cool, TJ. Be cool. Just think the banning of Western Hemisphere and the banning of the Cuban baseball team sounded familiar. It's not political. They're not the only countries either. I think I've heard other stories on that (banning a country's recreation for political reason) before. One story that's heating up more internationally is Borat vs. Kazahkstan. May become a Europe vs. Kazahstan soon

There's already a thread on the Cuban Baseball Crisis( :P ), but my comment wasn't to debate Bush. It's just to say that it's not uncommon to ban another country's entertainment, (though it sounds ridiculous to me), and I'm wondering why it sounds like it's happening more often in the world...

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

Be cool, TJ. Be cool. Just think the banning of Western Hemisphere and the banning of the Cuban baseball team sounded familiar. It's not political. They're not the only countries either. I think I've heard other stories on that (banning a country's recreation for political reason) before. One story that's heating up more internationally is Borat vs. Kazahkstan. May become a Europe vs. Kazahstan soon

There's already a thread on the Cuban Baseball Crisis( :P ), but my comment wasn't to debate Bush. It's just to say that it's not uncommon to ban another country's entertainment, (though it sounds ridiculous to me), and I'm wondering why it sounds like it's happening more often in the world...

The difference is that we have the SAME entertainment, we didn't BAN baseball, we banned a foriegn country from coming onto our soil.

Edited by TJones

The difference is that we have the SAME entertainment, we didn't BAN baseball, we banned a foriegn country from coming onto our soil.

:lol: Yeah, but it's not like you'll see a sanctioned 50 Cent performance in Tehrain anytime soon, either... :lol:

Edited by DJ V Lawrence