Sidelines Bar At 2016 Main St.

Htowngirl

Does anyone know if the Sidelines sports bar inside 2016 Main closed? I tried to take some friends there on Saturday @ 6 PM and it was closed! Doors locked, no sign. The hours posted outside indicated they should be open. Their website says nothing.

Just wondering...

Ended up at the Wet Spot, down the street on West Gray... that place is pretty cool!!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if the Sidelines sports bar inside 2016 Main closed?  I tried to take some friends there on Saturday @ 6 PM and it was closed!  Doors locked, no sign.  The hours posted outside indicated they should be open.  Their website says nothing.

Just wondering...

Ended up at the Wet Spot, down the street on West Gray... that place is pretty cool!!

Live Sports Cafe downtown has good food and a decent amount of tv's. Buffalo Wild Wings in midtown is great for sporting events and food, but it gets crowded on all nights (especially for big Houston sporting events). The Wetspot is pretty cool, but I found that the food sucks. Tavern on Gray (at Waugh & West Gray) is pretty good and has a ton of tv's...but be ready for a lot of smoke.

i never went there. i think its probaly the toughest part of the rail line. Its got shady parking, homeless all around and greyhound across the street. Id go there with some friends if it was a good destination, but i dont see girls going by themselves at night to a place like this. maybe that will change with time, who knows.

• 1 month later...

Late response but figured why not share my opinion. Went to Wet Spot last Sunday and thought the burgers were awesome. The cook actually took our orders and the burgers were delightful. Cook's name is Ty.

Make sure you park on W. Gray if the parking lot is full. Do not park on the hind street - saw a scrappy lady who looked beaten up and disappeared suddenly into the abandoned building; hoodlums fraternizing on the street corner.

Late response but figured why not share my opinion.  Went to Wet Spot last Sunday and thought the burgers were awesome.  The cook actually took our orders and the burgers were delightful. Cook's name is Ty.

Yes, the food has VASTLY improved since they first opened! The chips, queso, & salsa have even been upgraded - very yummy queso. My second favorite (first is Berryhill - Yum!).

Really is a neat place with a good crowd. Great place for HH.

• 1 month later...
Yes, the food has VASTLY improved since they first opened!  The chips, queso, & salsa have even been upgraded - very yummy queso.  My second favorite (first is Berryhill - Yum!).

Really is a neat place with a good crowd.  Great place for HH.

If anyone remembers what the Wet Spot was before they would not be complaining about the food. When that spot was Dee's it was absolutely horrible with a pretty rough crowd.

• The title was changed to Sidelines Bar At 2016 Main St.