Sacred Heart Tattoo At 327 Westheimer Rd.

dbigtex56

I get it. Both the Sacred Heart and Old Man Jack properties would have required a prohibitive amount of $ to make either habitable, which would almost certainly exceed even the most wildly optimistic estimates of their final value.
What's regrettable is that there's a strong probability that after century-old houses are cleared, a significant portion of both lots will become the ultimate eyesore - parking. 
Here's hoping that whatever replaces these buildings will share the same proximity to the street, and contribute to efforts to preserve the walkability factor in Montrose. - but I'm not optimistic.

I mentioned in the Wings Of Houston thread that i wish they would knock that down and make it parking for Avant Garden finally which is truly needed as their whole parking situation is a mess...however that isn't my first choice IF they will build that parking garage off westheimer mentioned in the Montrose Collective thread that would serve as a "universal"/community parking garage for Montrose...that is soooooooooo needed...especially in that area where walking around place to place is or could be easy to do...and fun...and to have quick, safe and convenient parking even at a minimal cost would be worth it in my opinion. 

I believe a lot of real estate land speculators will continue to buy land along Westheimer between Sheppard and Bagby. In my opinion this corridor is ripe for redevelopment but there is one key structural issue holding it back. Walkability and traffic congestion. If/when the COH ever gets around to fixing this portion of the corridor I think you will see even more re-development and land prices will go through the roof. 

Of course this was a dicey building that the homeless seemed to take over.

But oh how I will miss that mural!

money I suppose is the key to bringing in public art to your neighborhood. The owners of this building just gave us that mural— I loved seeing it each day- I always hoped to Thank them.

It made it easier not to overthink the  falling/public nuisance/safety concern structure next door—- I mean there are vines growing through the attic to the chimney. Still it seems to get a by-your-leave from COH no matter how many times it is reported to COH...........sigh

Oh my

Better perhaps to hope the Lower Westheimer initiative goes through....Then all the wonderful shiny new builds will be at the front of the lots and the parking at the back, hopefully hidden by new build.

secretly, despite all the restaurants Built nearby, I am hoping to revive “Pipe Organ Pizza”  a tall modern building with taller carillon tower that plays recognized melodies, perhaps reclaimed large stained glass windows  on two sides, a roof top dinning space, vine covered 2 story parking, with harvesting water detail to keep plants green with rainwater.and seasonal flowering beds planted out front........ ;)

54 minutes ago, trymahjong said:

Oh my

Better perhaps to hope the Lower Westheimer initiative goes through....Then all the wonderful shiny new builds will be at the front of the lots and the parking at the back, hopefully hidden by new build.

secretly, despite all the restaurants Built nearby, I am hoping to revive “Pipe Organ Pizza”  a modern building with carillon tower that plays recognized melodies, perhaps reclaimed large stained glass windows  morning two sides, and seasonal flowering beds planted out front........ ;)

Walkable Places Ordinance to be presented next month. Really feel like Lower Westheimer would be a prime target!

• The title was changed to 327 Westheimer Rd.
  • The title was changed to Sacred Heart Tattoo At 327 Westheimer Rd.

Archived