Annoying/Common Comments

Naviguessor

• 2 weeks later...

I've met a lot of people IRL who think the train has no riders and just disrupts traffic.  I guess people remember the one article from when it opened and that's the conventional wisdom, even when the red line is running as many trains as possible at rush hour to accommodate the riders

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cspwal said:

I've met a lot of people IRL who think the train has no riders and just disrupts traffic.  I guess people remember the one article from when it opened and that's the conventional wisdom, even when the red line is running as many trains as possible at rush hour to accommodate the riders

Considering the size of Houston there are people that never venture inside the loop and think people that live there are crazy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cspwal said:

Along with the people IRL who refuse to ride the train because they're "afraid [they'll] get knifed" (verbatim quotation). 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Some of the comments I've heard:

"They built it in the street they should have made it a subway"

Same person - "They spent way to much money on building a train that no one would ride"

"It's a commuter rail that only goes around downtown - useless to actually commute to work"

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BeerNut said:

Considering the size of Houston there are people that never venture inside the loop and think people that live there are crazy.

Booga booga! Danger!

Signed, Confirmed Inner-Looper Since 1982

7 hours ago, mollusk said:

Along with the people IRL who refuse to ride the train because they're "afraid [they'll] get knifed" (verbatim quotation). 🤷‍♂️

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd bet that there's a non-zero overlap between these people and the ones who don't hesitate to whip out a pistol and wave it around when someone cuts them off during their daily commute. 

Edited by mkultra25
  • Like 5

• The title was changed to Annoying/Common Comments