Help Me Spend Some Money

editor

Help Me Spend Some Money  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How should we spend the small amount of extra money?

• Free blogs for all!
    • Put it toward the advertising fund.
    • How about another contest?
    • Something else (explain below)

The Google ads that were recently added to HAIF seem to be doing some good. People are occasionally clicking on them, and thanks to all of you who did, we now have a little extra money left over. So, how should we spend it. Here are my ideas:

1. I can purchase the software that ads a Blog function to HAIF. Every user would get their own blog to express themselves through, and people can comment on the entries and discuss them and such.

2. We're still short on our advertising fund. Remember, we're raising money to take out an ad in Cite or another publication promoting HAIF. The amount of money left over isn't enough to finally buy the ad, but every little bit helps.

3. We could have another contest. It's been a while since we've given anything away.

4. Something else? What are some other good ideas?

are we talking hundreds, or thousands here.

reason i ask is because i wondered if you might consider adopting a needy family for Christmas ?

You and I have different definitions of "small ammount." It's more like 40 bucks.

Given all of the blog spaces around, and knowing that no one reads the majority of them, IF I were to create a blog, I would at least like to know a few people read it, which would happen here. Plus, sometimes there are opinions that posters want to give that don't really need a new thread, especially some of the political or religious themes. Even though those often times become the best threads, they might work better in a blog format.

Some of the people here have some unique views and knowledge about certain topics that would be fun to read. I'd like to see it. I think it would add to the board.

my $0.02

the blog feature might create the opportunity for more in depth discussions concerning architecture, urban planning, preservation, etc. so many haif discussions have become centered around "what if" scenarios, political discussions, latest news comments, etc. it would be nice for the engineers, architects, commercial leasing agents, developers, realtors, etc. who frequent HAIF to discuss their ideals and interests at a deeper level. a houston architecture "blog function" might allow those interested in delving into these subjects with like minded individuals the opportunity to do so.

There are so many blog sites out there. I love reading the blogs, but would rather HAIF stick to being a stable forum for enthusiasts. Anything and everything else can be found elsewhere.

what enthusiasts exactly? rarely is there any discussion these days on architecture, preservation, history, etc. the excitement over houston is great fun, but it would be nice if we could bring to the surface or attract persons educated and/or practicing in the fields of architecture, development, preservation and so on.

maybe the ads would bring that about?

That's a good point. I do wish there was more discussion of architecture and urbanism in this forum. Not that we don't have some great discussions about other topics, but I think the singal to noise ratio is moving in the wrong direction.

If you only have around $40, I'd go with the blog software and make the HAIF site a little tighter in regard to subject matter. I REALLY like discussions on architecture, city planning and development, etc...not that you'd know it from my many rants in Off and Way off Topic.

BTW: I regularly click the google ads from HAIF. I suggest everyone make a habit of it-makes for effortless income for the site.

B)

• 4 months later...
The Google ads that were recently added to HAIF seem to be doing some good. People are occasionally clicking on them, and thanks to all of you who did, we now have a little extra money left over. So, how should we spend it. Here are my ideas:

1. I can purchase the software that ads a Blog function to HAIF. Every user would get their own blog to express themselves through, and people can comment on the entries and discuss them and such.

2. We're still short on our advertising fund. Remember, we're raising money to take out an ad in Cite or another publication promoting HAIF. The amount of money left over isn't enough to finally buy the ad, but every little bit helps.

3. We could have another contest. It's been a while since we've given anything away.

4. Something else? What are some other good ideas?

Add to the HAIF mixer fund! The get together was great.

Archived