Washington Central 4003 & 4015 Washington Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This was in the previous thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted New2Houston, October 9,  2018 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 10/8/2018 at 5:08 PM, InTheLoopFromNYC said:

It looked every bit as bad as everyone says and worse! Adding insult to injury, it took years to never complete -- they were supposed to open a lounge in the brick building, which of course never happened. The large empty lot for parking was a mess and the owners stored their old junkers there. The best was towards the end when they attempted to plant trees on the Washington Ave side -- they couldn't even get that right and those died within weeks. Hopefully the rehab of the brick building and the redesigned strip center with the parking relocated to the rear gets built and we can forget about this forever!

It sounds like a terrible, idiotic money pit to take three years to complete a subpar building project! This reflects very poorly on whoever the business owners were. Let's hope for the best with New Quest as the development manager. They seem to do a decent job around town - even if their shopping centers look a bit cookie-cutter and overly commercial.

This was in the previous thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted skooljunkie, April 27,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Oops. Torn down. 😎 Oncoming traffic is finally visible.

Looks like the new building footprint is now extended and a few tenants signed on per leasing brochure. 

1FI0fCC.jpg

Originally posted Visitor, April 28,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Where did you see the new Washington Central brochure? All the ones I can find link to the old one.  Curious if they kept parking in the back.

Interesting note, the demo permit was issued for 4015 Washington, which is the empty lot next to the building that was torn down....

Originally posted skooljunkie, April 28,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

https://www.newquest.com/pdfs/Washington_Central.pdf

Page 3

Originally posted Visitor, April 28,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, skooljunkie said:

Thanks, I didn't scroll down enough after I saw the original renderings on page one. 

Originally posted Luminare, May 23,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

While driving yesterday I saw that they had demo'ed the older building completely. Guess they had a hard time getting it through permit or it just wasn't savable? No clue. Either way its gone now, so it will be all new construction.

Originally posted Visitor, May 24,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:44 PM, Luminare said:

While driving yesterday I saw that they had demo'ed the older building completely. Guess they had a hard time getting it through permit or it just wasn't savable? No clue. Either way its gone now, so it will be all new construction.

Yep, that happened about a month ago per the post a bit further up. They recently cut down all the trees and put up some fencing. Hoping they break ground soon. Haven't heard of any possible tenants though.  

Originally posted ekdrm2d1, July 6,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

MRk9qRE.jpg

BTwwUDS.jpg

Originally posted j_cuevas713, July 9,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

It sucks losing the small older building but at least this will front the street with nice wide sidewalks like a normal city. 

Originally posted Visitor, July 9,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

It sucks losing the small older building but at least this will front the street with nice wide sidewalks like a normal city. 

One small step towards acting like a normal city. Maybe one day we will figure out the mystical process of repaving roads (or at least patching them like we give a sh$t).

Originally posted skooljunkie, July 10,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:45 PM, Visitor said:

One small step towards acting like a normal city. Maybe one day we will figure out the mystical process of repaving roads (or at least patching them like we give a sh$t).

Right? Thank goodness the city development code requires every project to have a few 75 degree turns in the sidewalk, three or four unaligned water main covers, 200 yards of drooping comm wire tied to a leaning post, and an entire block face of non-standard storm drains nestled between the jagged sidewalk and curbless, crumbling asphalt

Originally posted hindesky, July 28,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

AzZLsyF.jpg

4S5QQoO.jpg

Originally posted hindesky, September 1,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Parking in the rear. I wish more places did this.

Z73YgQJ.jpg

Originally posted Visitor, September 2,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

100% agree, anyone here of anything of note going in here?  I recall a nail and a hair placed I think. 

Originally posted Crockpotandgravel, September 2,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

More on the tenant from Houston Business Journal last week:

Washington Central, a 13,000-square-foot retail development at 4015 Washington Ave., is set to open in the first quarter of 2020. 

The development is located at the northern side of the property, and parking spaces are on the south end. The single-story, dual-storefront entrance building is 50 percent preleased, according to a press release from Houston-based NewQuest Properties. Ashley Strickland, vice president of NewQuest, and Nick Ramsey, an associate at NewQuest, are handling marketing for the project. 

DZ Washington LLC is the landlord of record, while Nathan Moore of NM21 Design Studio is the architect, and Golden Crescent Construction Co. Inc. is the general contractor.

"A lot of time and energy has been spent on designing this project," Strickland said in the release. "The developers, Jonathan Zadok and Dan D'Acquisto, are long-term holders who recognized the value in creating an efficient urban project in a premier neighborhood for tenants and residents."

Lash Lounge, Super Cuts and Natural Pawz are the first tenants to sign with the project, taking up 1,216; 1,044; and 4,008 square feet, respectively. Rachel Farris of NewQuest Properties represented Lash Lounge, while Jack Burgher of Houston-based Streetwise Retail Advisors represented Super Cuts. 

"It's rare to have a new single-story retail building in the Washington Corridor," Strickland said in the release. "The developers of Washington Central are more interested in providing an efficient, sustainable project for the neighborhood than maximizing their profit with a multilevel structure."

There are still some available spaces at the development, including 4,481 square feet of inline space and an end cap, designed for a restaurant, that can be between 2,200 and 3,800 square feet. 

"We're holding out for a prime restaurant operator for the hard corner," Ramsey said in a statement. "Activity on the space is strong. We're focusing on prospects with multiple locations."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/08/26/another-retail-development-coming-to.html

Originally posted Avossos, September 2,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Us at HAIF who emailed Newquest have ALOT to do with the way this building is oriented.

props to us.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted Visitor, September 3,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

On 9/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, Avossos said:

Us at HAIF who emailed Newquest have ALOT to do with the way this building is oriented.

props to us.

🤣 I def sent an email 

Originally posted crockpotandgravel, September 5,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Newquest website:
 https://www.newquest.com/property/washington-central/  

Brochure:
https://www.newquest.com/pdfs/Washington_Central.pdf  (archive link)

From the updated marketing brochure (updated in early September).

The updated brochure shows the new tenants and also includes updated renderings of the building's changes discussed in posts above

3YB4VTj.jpg

pgQrfrt.jpg

2xoJ0QH.jpg

Dj7B3VF.jpg

Rear view of Washington Central with parking in the back:

FSR1K3M.jpg

8Cb7mTG.jpg

eMLpwEd.jpg

Originally posted crockpotandgravel, September 5,  2019 in the thread for Washington Central | 4003 Washington Ave & 4015 Washington Ave.

Updated site plan of Washington Central at 4015 Washington Avenue.

This is from the brochure linked in the above post.

6fT5rpM.jpg

(direct link to non-compressed, full sized image)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

2 weeks ago, NewQuest uploaded a video marketing for their retail properties in the Washington Corridor along Washington Avenue.  Featured in the video is Washington Central, their new retail development at 4015 Washington Ave.

The video was posted to the Washington Central listing on NewQuest's website and NewQuest's Youtube channel.

Screenshots from the video (posting soon):

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Washington Central 4003 & 4015 Washington Ave
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Washington Central 4003 & 4015 Washington Ave.
  • 1 month later...

Reported in March in a Houston Chronicle column:

"Primo Hoagies leased 1,634 square feet in Washington Center, 4015 Washington Ave. Nick Ramsey and Ashley Strickland of NewQuest Properties represented the landlord, DZ Washington LLC. Greg Lee and Campbell Anderson of Orr Commercial represented the tenant."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/texas-inc/article/Retail-wrap-Common-Bond-On-The-Go-to-anchor-new-17024495.php

https://www.primohoagies.com/location/Houston-TX

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 10:55 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Primo Hoagies is slated to open in Washington Center this month. It's located at 4015 Washington Ave.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/dining/2023/02/01/primo-hoagies-to-open-first-inner-loop-location-on-washington-avenue/

PrimoHoagies, a restaurant serving South Philly-style hoagies, opened last week. It's located at 4015 Washington Ave, Suite E.

This was reported by The Leader last week:

"On Thursday, PrimoHoagies opened its doors to the community at 4015 Washington Ave. This is the Philadelphia-based restaurant’s first Texas and Houston-area restaurant."

https://www.theleadernews.com/food_drink/nibbles-and-sips-south-philly-hoagie-spot-opening-on-washington-avenue/article_060806b8-b45d-11ed-929d-03ffe0d478d2.html

• Like 2