East End Backyard At 1105 Sampson St.

50 minutes ago, wilcal said:

I've driven by a few times and crowds have seemed pretty light. I wonder how it is going for them. 

When have you driven by? They seem to have a well-curated event schedule with a lot of regulars for weekends and UH/pro game days. I've been to several events and it has always been the bustling, but never so busy that it detracts from the customer experience.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

When have you driven by? They seem to have a well-curated event schedule with a lot of regulars for weekends and UH/pro game days. I've been to several events and it has always been the bustling, but never so busy that it detracts from the customer experience.

Just all over different times of day and days. Definitely during happy hour times and 6-8pm on the weekends that you might think would have a crowd. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wilcal said:

Just all over different times of day and days. Definitely during happy hour times and 6-8pm on the weekends that you might think would have a crowd. 

That's a bummer. To be honest, I haven't stopped by since late summer so I'll have to go throw them some dollars sometime soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phillip_white said:

That's a bummer. To be honest, I haven't stopped by since late summer so I'll have to go throw them some dollars sometime soon.

I go there maybe every other Thursday evening with my dog (it’s technically the closest dog park to me). It’s always kind of dead on what is usually one of the prime happy hour days. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

I haven't gotten pics yet, but they are covering almost the entire outdoor area with a big metal roof - I believe they are also closed for the time being (probably while the construction is underway)

They've been closed for a while for construction, but recently posted on Instagram that they re-open this Saturday, March 5.

La Esquina is going to be posting up at East End Backyard in the evenings on Tuesday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. They'll still be in their usual spot (corner of Hunt and Harrisburg across the light rail from the coffee plant) all day Monday and during lunch Tuesday-Friday. La Esquina's pretty awesome and I'm sure they'll do really well at East End Backyard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, linearmovement said:

La Esquina is going to be posting up at East End Backyard in the evenings on Tuesday-Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. They'll still be in their usual spot (corner of Hunt and Harrisburg across the light rail from the coffee plant) all day Monday and during lunch Tuesday-Friday. La Esquina's pretty awesome and I'm sure they'll do really well at East End Backyard.

This makes me actually want to go back.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, HoustonMidtown said:

If this listing is correct, looks like they are tearing down the existing buildings and putting in townhomes ?

https://www.har.com/homedetail/3406-lamar-houston-tx-77003/16697037?cid=WALKERR

This doesn't pass the smell test. No change in ownership. No replat submitted. The shape of the parcel doesn't make sense with the listing photo of the 3 homes.

Says bike lanes directly in front of the subdivision.

Maybe they meant 3405 Polk? Still not platted, though.