Conroe Starting To Annex The Woodlands?

TX_AGGIES_00

I just got the message below in my email. This is the first I've heard of this. Does anyone have any info?

CONROE CITY COUNCIL TO VOTE ON "ORDINACE THAT WOULD INCORPORATE MONTGOMERY COUNTY MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT 39 IN CITY ANNEXATION PLAN." HARPER'S LANDING IS IN MUD#39! Let the Council hear your voice!

COME OUT THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8TH, AT 6:30 PM.

CONROE CITY COUNCIL MEETING

300 W. DAVIS STREET IN CONROE

(CONROE TOWER BUILDING - 1ST FLOOR)

I just got the message below in my email. This is the first I've heard of this. Does anyone have any info?

CONROE CITY COUNCIL TO VOTE ON "ORDINACE THAT WOULD INCORPORATE MONTGOMERY COUNTY MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT 39 IN CITY ANNEXATION PLAN." HARPER'S LANDING IS IN MUD#39! Let the Council hear your voice!

That subdivison HATES the Woodlands Association (rightly so), so this is good for them. Also, they will loose the MUD tax, lucky bastards.

Edited by KatieDidIt

Most of the Woodlands is in the city of Houston's ETJ, and most of it will most likely become a part of Houston. Some of it is in the city of Shenandoah, and some of it may be in the city of Conroe.

Of course all of the Woodlands would remain in Conroe ISD.

Conron can do that? I thought Woodlands was a stronger community. Wouldn't Conroe prefer to be a Woodlands dude instead?

• 8 months later...

Fate of Harper's Landing under negotiation

By: HOWARD RODEN, HCN/Courier staff

08/10/2006

Representatives from The Woodlands offered the city of Conroe 20 years of fire service and a state-of-the-art training facility in exchange for Municipal Utility District No. 39 and its residential community of Harper's Landing.

But that may not be enough to make the city go away.

full story