Sheraton-Lincoln Hotel History At 711 Polk St.

Subdude

Does anyone know the story on the Sheraton Lincoln? Someone should either buy the place, refurbish it and turn it into condos or it should meet the wrecking ball...I work downtown, and that place looks like it's on the verge of collapse. Two other buildings downtown should be converted into condos as well -- the old Holiday Inn Hotel and another (don't know the name) across the elevated that some morons are spray painting with graffitti...

These three buildings are an eye sore.

My firm (Leo A Daly - Dallas) is working now on the design of the renovation for this hotel. It is going to be an Omni & it is going to be fabulous! You guys are going to love it! All hotel - no condo space.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My firm (Leo A Daly - Dallas) is working now on the design of the renovation for this hotel. It is going to be an Omni & it is going to be fabulous! You guys are going to love it! All hotel - no condo space.

Can you post pictures? Pleeeeease?

At the time the Hyatt planned to renovate, they were going to build a skywalk across Louisiana to the Hyatt. Is that still in the plans?

Can you post pictures? Pleeeeease?

At the time the Hyatt planned to renovate, they were going to build a skywalk across Louisiana to the Hyatt. Is that still in the plans?

No skywalk is planned at this time.

• 3 months later...
Pack a hazmat suit if going near. Just kidding...asbestos comments from above.

It really needs to be razed and started over.

AARP classifies Westin and St. Regis Hotels as "upscale." They'll give discounts to members. But if I stayed at the St. Regis, I would "save" about only $40-$50 because a room for one night is close to $400.

• 2 weeks later...
Any thought of connecting through to the adjacent Louisiana Place building? I believe there was originally a door to connect the building. That would give the guests tunnel access during business hours.

No tunnel access is planned at this time. The original access to the adjacent building (Total) is located on the 2nd floor.

• The title was changed to Sheraton-Lincoln Hotel History At 711 Polk St.

Archived