Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hanover has a terrible business model.

Didnt they get the memo from Ric Campo that apartments over ground floor retail will NEVER work in Houston? :rolleyes:

This reminds me that when the Galleria first went up 'experts' said it would fail because Houstonians would never park in a garage to go shopping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hanover's about to release drawings of their 12-story towers next door. Lots of glass. They look nice, yet nothing too groundbreaking.

 

Any update on the release of these drawings?

 

Went to Zoe's today with a colleague and we were the 4th and 5th customer...lunch was at no charge!  Another coworker came back and I think that promotion is over, but it's still a great addition to the village and the food was yummy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

The rendering lockmat posted last evening may look "cookie cutter" (compare to the complex in Rice Village) but as swtsig noted, that is not a bad thing in this case. Remember what it replaced and the scores of other apartments built around that same period. Almost invariably they were two or three story "neo-colonial" or "French chateau" garden apartments. They served many parts of the city well for about 40 years.

Obviously, the economics of multi-family construction dictate a more dense configuration these days and there is good in that as well. From this apartment one could reasonably walk to the Kroger or HEB at the corner of Bissonnet and Buffalo Speedway or the businesses around Kirby and Bissonnet. Just be careful crossing that intersection!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I hope this isn't a duplicate thread, but I noticed some construction at Bissonnet and Dincans which looked like an apartment. This block is very near Bissonnet and Kirby. Does anybody know anything about this?

 

post-3613-0-84804200-1372206465_thumb.jp

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't that the Hanover project?

 

You're right! I didn't find it because I don't think the text of the streets was written in the thread, only an image of the map. Anyways, I merged the topics and improved the title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But why is ZC suddenly adding it to their website and also stating it will be done in two phases? Seems strange.

They have had it as part of their marketing material for a long time, maybe they added recently to the new website design.

Architects advertise their designs all the time, regardless of actual construction status. They should though update the copy and say the project was planned in two phases.

Edited by fernz
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Hanover Rice Village 2
  • 1 year later...

A new restaurant is joining Hanover Rice Village's ground floor retail. Clark Cooper Concepts is opening new concept Gratify at 5212 Morningside Dr.

The restaurant replaces Punk's, the hosptiality group's Southern-centric restaurant.

Gratify is a neighborhood bistro and wine bar serving contemporary French fare.

 

https://gratifyhouston.com

https://facebook.com/Gratify-Neighborhood-Bistro-113115810880963

https://instagram.com/gratifyhouston

 

Blurbs about Gratify:

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-27-20-clark-cooper-concepts-restaurant-group-dunlavy-daddys-burgers-punks-simple-southern-food-new-bodega-wine-bar

 

https://houston.eater.com/2021/5/3/22417440/van-leeuwen-rice-village-opening-mattress-mack-red-circle-ice-cream-gratify-clark-cooper-restaurants

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Loop, a California-based churreria, will mark its entry into the Houston market with a franchise outpost in the Rice Village area.

 

The Loop will be located at Hanover Rice Village as a ground floor retail tenant. The address is 5216 Morningside Dr.

This is the Instagram-famous looped churro & soft serve shop that inspired similar concepts such as Houston's Red Circle.

The franchisee said he's hoping to open this summer.

 

https://facebook.com/theloopchurroshtx

https://theloopchurros.com

https://theloopchurros

 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
Edited to include the correct address.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 7:13 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Loop, a California-based churreria, will mark its entry into the Houston market with a franchise outpost in the Rice Village area.

 

The Loop will be located at Hanover Rice Village as a ground floor retail tenant. The address is 5216 Morningside Dr.

This is the Instagram-famous looped churro & soft serve shop that inspired similar concepts such as Houston's Red Circle.

The franchisee said he's hoping to open this summer.

 

https://facebook.com/theloopchurroshtx

https://theloopchurros.com

https://theloopchurros

 

 

The Loop, located on the ground level of Hanover Rice Village is open.

CultureMap reported details:

Creative churros are coming to Rice Village. The Loop Handcrafted Churros will open in the Hanover Rice Village on Saturday, August 28.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/08-19-21-the-loop-handcrafted-churros-new-dessert-shop-hanover-rice-village/

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Hanover Rice Village: Multifamily At 2455 Dunstan Rd.
  • 2 months later...

Following the Loop's closure this summer, the ground floor unit at Hanover Rice Village has a new tenant.

Sushi by Hidden is opening this fall at 5216 Morningside Dr.


More from Eater Houston:

"Hidden Omakase has established itself as one of the best and most opulent omakase experiences in the city, and now, it’s aiming to offer a just as delicious, but more affordable option. Its latest establishment, Sushi by Hidden, will open in Rice Village this November, offering a 30-minute, 12-course omakase experience for $60 that seats only 10 guests at a time. Guests will also be treated to a rotation of artwork that’s rotated quarterly, thanks to an in-house gallery created for diners to enjoy."


https://houston.eater.com/23338937/houstons-most-anticipated-restaurant-bar-openings-fall-2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 10:15 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Following the Loop's closure this summer, the ground floor unit at Hanover Rice Village has a new tenant.

Sushi by Hidden is opening this fall at 5216 Morningside Dr.


More from Eater Houston:

"Hidden Omakase has established itself as one of the best and most opulent omakase experiences in the city, and now, it’s aiming to offer a just as delicious, but more affordable option. Its latest establishment, Sushi by Hidden, will open in Rice Village this November, offering a 30-minute, 12-course omakase experience for $60 that seats only 10 guests at a time. Guests will also be treated to a rotation of artwork that’s rotated quarterly, thanks to an in-house gallery created for diners to enjoy."


https://houston.eater.com/23338937/houstons-most-anticipated-restaurant-bar-openings-fall-2022



Sushi by Hidden opened Monday. It's located at 5216 Morningside Dr, part of Hanover Rice Village's ground floor retail.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/sushi-by-hidden-rice-village-hidden-omakase-open-cost/

CT7XlQI.jpg  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Posts regarding Zoe's Kitchen from the Rice Village Developments topic.

Since Zoe's Kitchen is part of Hanover Rice Village and is not part of Rice Village / Rice Village District, but is located in Hanover Rice Village (two different developments with different ownership), the posts would be a better fit here:

Zoe's Kitchen is located at 5215 Kelvin Dr. It's one of several ground retail at Hanover Rice Village.


 

On 1/13/2023 at 5:00 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Zoe’s kitchen last day is Sunday. 

 

On 1/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, Justin Welling said:

I wonder if they're just turning into a CAVA like they've done with 90% of their other locations. Seems like the only one left is the one on San Felipe. 

 

16 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

The plan was to convert to CAVA but apparently they’ve been going back and forth on that. I’m not sure where they stand now, though. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 5:13 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Posts regarding Zoe's Kitchen from the Rice Village Developments topic.

Since Zoe's Kitchen is part of Hanover Rice Village and is not part of Rice Village / Rice Village District, but is located in Hanover Rice Village (two different developments with different ownership), the posts would be a better fit here:

Zoe's Kitchen is located at 5215 Kelvin Dr. It's one of several ground retail at Hanover Rice Village.
 



Leasing Zoe's Kitchen's former unit at Hanover Rice Village is Duck N Bao. It's a locally-owned Sichuan restaurant with locations in Cypress and the Washington Corridor area.

Earlier this month, a plan review fee permit was issued for Duck N Bao. The address is 5215 Kelvin Dr.


vPTYUtPh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2023 at 3:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Leasing Zoe's Kitchen's former unit at Hanover Rice Village is Duck N Bao. It's a locally-owned Sichuan restaurant with locations in Cypress and the Washington Corridor area.

Earlier this month, a plan review fee permit was issued for Duck N Bao. The address is 5215 Kelvin Dr.



A Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) filing was submitted Duck N Bao last week. Duck N Bao is opening its third Houston area location in the Rice Village area. It will occupy Zoe's Kitchen's former unit at Hanover Rice Village.

Below are details pertaining to Duck N Bao's forthcoming location at 5215 Kelvin Dr.

 

  • Estimated Start Date: October 31, 2023
     
  • Estimated Completion Date: April 30, 2024
     
  • Estimated Cost:  $250,000
     
  • Type of Work: Renovation/Alteration
     
  • Scope of Work: Lease space remodel to existing restaurant previously Zoe's Kitchen to Duck N Bao
     
  • Square Footage: 2,696 sf



As for the design, Houston-based AMC Design is charged with design development.


https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023025804

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...