Another Houston-set Series In The Works

But like those that came before, it probably won't make it to series. Here it is anyway:

RED BALL (FOX, New!) - Feature writer Craig Fernandez ("Biker Boyz") and producer Sergio Aguero ("Y Tu Mama Tambien") are developing a new procedural drama at FOX about a young Latina woman who's in charge of a Houston police unit that focuses on high-profile crimes. Fernandez will write the pilot script and serve as a co-executive producer on the 20th Century Fox Television-based project, with Aguero serving as an executive producer.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7018

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

RED BALL (FOX, New!) - Feature writer Craig Fernandez ("Biker Boyz") and producer Sergio Aguero ("Y Tu Mama Tambien") are developing a new procedural drama at FOX about a young Latina woman who's in charge of a Houston police unit that focuses on high-profile crimes. Fernandez will write the pilot script and serve as a co-executive producer on the 20th Century Fox Television-based project, with Aguero serving as an executive producer.

Well, it sounds like it has all the makings of a classic that should run for many years. B)

I'm guessing, if it's ordered to pilot, it'll probably be filmed in the springtime. If it gets a season pick-up, the series should air a year from now.

If the show makes it, I wonder how they will showcase the city? How do you think they will make the city look?

A filthy-looking crap filled hole? Or maybe just Canada?

I wonder where they'll film it. With so many cities offering huge tax incentives to bring TV and film producers to their towns, there's a lot of competition. And let's face it -- the Texas Film Commission isn't exactly pulling its weight these days.

I wonder where they'll film it. With so many cities offering huge tax incentives to bring TV and film producers to their towns, there's a lot of competition. And let's face it -- the Texas Film Commission isn't exactly pulling its weight these days.

Your right, but Austin manages to pull in alot more then us, or San Antonio. *Not to stray off topic, but I believe "Sin City" was filmed in Austin.

But like those that came before, it probably won't make it to series. Here it is anyway:

Absolutly FABULOUS!!! News Corp [parent of FOXNews and FOXBroadcasting] and Rupert Murdoch scores another home run!!!

I'm always fascinated by his expertise in directing the FOXNews crowd [Hume, O'Reilly, Hannity] to tell us how salacious them damn Liberals are with all their slutty movies and TV and actually succeeds in offering us such 1st class fair as "Married with Children", "Stacked" with Pamela Sue Anderson and "Totally Outrageous Behavior"

Man, now there's a guy with a real concrete foundation to his principles: "It's all about me and I don't give a damn what all you lemmings think. You'll buy anything. Suckers."

B)

• 1 month later...
Absolutly FABULOUS!!! News Corp [parent of FOXNews and FOXBroadcasting] and Rupert Murdoch scores another home run!!!

I'm always fascinated by his expertise in directing the FOXNews crowd [Hume, O'Reilly, Hannity] to tell us how salacious them damn Liberals are with all their slutty movies and TV and actually succeeds in offering us such 1st class fair as "Married with Children", "Stacked" with Pamela Sue Anderson and "Totally Outrageous Behavior"

Man, now there's a guy with a real concrete foundation to his principles: "It's all about me and I don't give a damn what all you lemmings think. You'll buy anything. Suckers."

B)

You're always on the hunt for something political, aren't you? I thought this thread was about another could be t.v. show set in Houston..

"my bad".

It would be great if this show actually goes through. I would love watching a show based and filmed here(HOUSTON). I hope the writers will be creative and original also. I really could care less what spin it puts on the city image as long as its good material. Hopefully this show airs and it shows great things about the great City Of Houston.