Article: World Series Ratings Disaster

Fox Sports and ESPN created their own monster, by only talking about the Yankees and Red Sox. When you repeatedly tell the populace that only two teams matter, when those two teams don't make it, no one watches. If the national sports media would let the fans know that there is some pretty good ball being played outside of Boston and New York, their ratings might improve.

Fox Sports and ESPN created their own monster, by only talking about the Yankees and Red Sox. When you repeatedly tell the populace that only two teams matter, when those two teams don't make it, no one watches. If the national sports media would let the fans know that there is some pretty good ball being played outside of Boston and New York, their ratings might improve.

Yeah plus Fox has the worst announcers in the league. Joe Buck & tim McCarver give me abreak. The NLCS announcers were evern worse, I don't even know who the hell they were. What about the ugly babe they had on also, Jeeze, Fox is just a crappy network.

Who gives a Rat's @$$ about the ratings. If you watched it, and enjoyed it, that should be all that matters, I don't watch the Yanks or Red Sox, I wouldn't have watched the world series if The 'Stros weren't in it, except to flip over to see the score. Why do y'all get so wrapped up in that hogwash ? I'm just trying to understand the significance of it all. Have you taken into account that there is twice the population in New York, as compared to Houston. Have you also thought about how many people around the country are from New York also. The New England area as a whole is about the same. Why put yourself through the anguish of trying to compare the ratings. It's a given that a New York world series is gonna have better ratings, there are about 4 times as many people who claim to be from New York as there are claiming to be from Houston. Let it go ! :D

I totally agree...It's really a shame that the Boston/NY media cannot get their heads out of their asses.

Imagine their complaints if it were a Milwaukee vs. Kansas City series or Colorado vs. Tampa Bay.

The Astros and White Sox team salaries are $76,779,000 and $75,178,000 respectively. It's really a shame when a team like the New York Yankees spend $208,306,817 and don't even make it past the first round of the playoffs. Allen Selig won't act on placing a cap in baseball, just a "luxury tax" for teams that spend the most. That is one of the biggest problems with MLB baseball.

Some of the sports writers are really disgraceful also. I could rant all day, but I gotta work.

If you watched it, and enjoyed it, that should be all that matters

i watched it, but i didn't enjoy it. fox commentators were crappy. that really slow guy during the NLCS... don't get me started. much better to mute and listen to Milo, but that doesn't work because HD is a few seconds behind...

The Astros and White Sox team salaries are $76,779,000 and $75,178,000 respectively. It's really a shame when a team like the New York Yankees spend $208,306,817 and don't even make it past the first round of the playoffs. Allen Selig won't act on placing a cap in baseball, just a "luxury tax" for teams that spend the most. That is one of the biggest problems with MLB baseball.

Don't jinx it! The Red Sox and Yankees will buy all our players before we know it!

If Colorado and Tampa Bay made it to the World Series, I wouldn't be worried about TV ratings. I'd be worried about going to church....because the world would soon be coming to an end. :lol:

Hilarious!

(Although, the D-Rays actually have a lot of young talent, a lot more than the Rockies, in fact. If they were in a different division, I could see them winning 84 or so games in a couple of years.

from AP:

Despite rating so low in comparison to other World Series, the four games of this series were each the highest rated prime-time network programs on their respective nights.

looks like people have wised up and are watching less tv in general these days B)

well, at least more people were watching the world series than any other crap on tv those nights...