More Wine In The Woodlands

bachanon

Cru, A Wine Bar opens in The Woodlands. HEB, The Woodlands Market carries more labels than your average grocer. Young executive crowd in The Woodlands being targeted with wine offerings.

link to full story

I hope to try it out one night. But this quote is a little disconcerting...

"We want to get out of that old, snobby atmosphere," Fulmer said. "We don't hire anybody who knows a lot about wine who would be judging (customers)."

I always like a very knowledgable sommelier in a wine bar.

At least we hope that's what he meant. How would like to go to a wine bar and ask about a wine, only to get the shoulder shrug?

Or ask for a wine that has a nice oakie flavor with maybe a bit of blackberry in it....and get a blank stare. I may know what I want, but not what label carries it.

i had the same reservations about that quote; however, the new target demographic for wine sellers is the 25-35 yo crowd.

oakie flavor with a hint of blackberry? do tell. what label have you been drinking katiedidit?

i had the same reservations about that quote; however, the new target demographic for wine sellers is the 25-35 yo crowd.

oakie flavor with a hint of blackberry? do tell. what label have you been drinking katiedidit?

Well, I was kinda using that as an example. But the most recent wine I have had that fits that description was a Messina Hof Pinot Noir Reserve. A nice Texas wine on a cool night.

last summer i attended a wedding. the groom, a former vineyard owner, chose a shiraz with a label called "wishing tree" dated 2002. i've been unable to find this wine anywhere. anyone familiar with this?

Bach, I just looked at SPECS online and they have a Western Australian Shiraz called Wishing Tree. I bet that's it.

• The title was changed to More Wine In The Woodlands

Archived