Navaway Theater At 6714 Navigation Blvd.

EastEnd Susan

Does anyone remember the Navaway Theater? It was on the corner of Navagation and 67th. I lived right around the corner from it and althought its been torn down I will never forget the red seats, sticky floor and popcorn smell . The last movie I saw there was a Rickey Nelson movie called Your Love and Kisses. Does anybody have a photo of this theater they could share?

• 2 weeks later...

i can't find a thing on the internet, but i have a lot of books...if i find something, i'll scan and post it...

the city directory i have, however, lists it at 6714 Navigation Blvd. with Rubye Gibson as the manager :)

i can't find a thing on the internet, but i have a lot of books...if i find something, i'll scan and post it...

the city directory i have, however, lists it at 6714 Navigation Blvd. with Rubye Gibson as the manager :)

Thanks sevfiv. My brother and I have been looking for a photo of the old theater for years now. We could actually walk to the Navaway in 2 minutes . Another thing I remember about the Navaway is the fact they didn't sell hotdogs. The lobby was very tiny as was the candy counter. I guess there was no room for hotdogs. It was a treat to go to the Santa Rosa or the Broadway for the hotdog fix.

Did you ever make it by the old Blue Top Motel? I'm curious to see if the old neon sign out front still works. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Does anyone remember the Navaway Theater? It was on the corner of Navagation and 67th. I lived right around the corner from it and althought its been torn down I will never forget the red seats, sticky floor and popcorn smell . The last movie I saw there was a Rickey Nelson movie called Your Love and Kisses. Does anybody have a photo of this theater they could share?

Seriously you guys,

When I win the lottery, I am going to construct an exact replica of any of these far-out, beautiful theaters!

Thank God for Bob Bailey Studios for snapping these photos when we all just took them for granted. I recall some famous movie star of the 30's was asked what it was like to live in such a historical period and she replied with "You never even think or consider its history because your just living it" We used to go to most in that area too, Don Gordon on Canal, Santa Rosa, Broadway (my favorite) they all seemed so grand and glitzy to me. The whole experience was like a big package. Fond dear memories for sure....

see

http://www.cah.utexas.edu

• The title was changed to Navaway Theater At 6714 Navigation Blvd.

Archived