Portofino Shopping Center Developments

JoshuaJP

If there are awards for the worst architecture, Portofino should have received one. What were the architects and developers thinking when they came up with this monstrosity?

I did think it was quite hilarious when the holier-than-thous in Conroe pitched a fit over the "nude" statues in the center when it first opened.

JoshuaJP, I've found the web site of the PORTOFINO, and it is breathe taken. It has a beautiful senceary. Here is the web site link... http://portofinocenter.com/index.htm

The arthitecture is wonderful, some people just don't know what beauty is these days. You have to look for yourself if you like it, but to me it's a beautiful place, well of course it's near the woodlands. Everything beautiful over there.

agree with the comment regarding the water feature; it is too "unwalkable" of an area, there is 'there' there, no center where people can come together

as for the garish comment, i've seen worse, a little over the top design-wise, but not garish IMHO, but still no sense of community there

If there are awards for the worst architecture, Portofino should have received one. What were the architects and developers thinking when they came up with this monstrosity?

I did think it was quite hilarious when the holier-than-thous in Conroe pitched a fit over the "nude" statues in the center when it first opened.

i'd rather this shopping center than a whole lot of other shopping centers in the city.come on people

• The title was changed to Portofino Shopping Center Developments