Jump to content

Retail Center At 1613-1617 Richmond Ave.


Urbannizer

Recommended Posts

https://www.braunenterprises.com/press-catalog/2018/3/1/montrose-bars-swanky-renovations-to-start-soon

 

If there was an award for Houston's busiest urban core redeveloper, Braun Enterprises just might take home the gold.



 

The Houston-based developer shared its plans to renovate 1617 Richmond, home to the popular sports bar Revelry on Richmond and just over 5,000 square feet of available retail, restaurant and patio space in the Montrose area. Demolition has already begun at the property and construction should kick off in 60 days, Braun's Zach Wolf told the Houston Business Journal. From there, the renovations should wrap up in three or four months.

 

Braun is working with its go-to design firm, Tipps Architecture, on the renovations. Renderings show Revelry reimagined as a modernized watering hole with a large Houston mural painted on its east-facing side. In the 1,160 square feet of available space next to Revelry, a boutique salon, living grass wall and spacious patio are pictured.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

1617 Richmond will now house The Toasted Coconut.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/business/2019/07/03/20-restaurants-businesses-coming-soon-2019/

 

Quote

The Toasted Coconut will open this summer at 1617 Richmond Ave., Houston. The Tiki-themed restaurant and bar will have a large outdoor patio area and feature food and cocktails from the Caribbean, Pacific and Southeast Asian islands. www.facebook.com/toastedcoconuthtx

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2019 at 6:57 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:



This is not true. 1617 Richmond Ave is where Selma Maria and the Texas Shrimp Co. were. That's where Toasted Coconut is opening. That's where it was always going to open. So writing "will now house" is not right. It's been reported since last year.

What is misleading is Urb did not post all the addresses this strip includes which also includes 1613 Richmond Ave, the site of the bar Revelry or Revelry on Richmond.

Where Toasted Coconut is opening is not shown in the rendering above, only a partial view of the patio. The rendering shows the renovations proposed and ongoing at Revelry on Richmond.


 

 

Didn't get a pic, but while walking by the signage for this is up. If you look at the original render Toasted Coconut is going where it says "salon". Pretty much all renovations have been finished on the exterior for some time. Don't know when Toasted Coconut will open or if its opened.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to 1617 Richmond Ave.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 1613 Richmond Ave.
1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chef Martin Stayer and team (Nobie's) are taking over the former space of Revelry at 1613 Richmond Ave. Stayer is opening another dining concept possibly named Nonno's there. 

The restaurant will be next door to its sister concepts the Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.

 

Exciting! Stopped by Quiote once pre-pandemic and it was fantastic. Excited to see that it’s coming back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chef Martin Stayer and team (Nobie's) are taking over the former space of Revelry at 1613 Richmond Ave. Stayer is opening another dining concept possibly named Nonno's there. 

The restaurant will be next door to its sister concepts the Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.

 


A certificate of occupancy for Nonno's was filed yesterday with the city's permitting department. Nonno's a new dining concept / restaurant from Martin Stayer, Sara Stayer, and team. It's opening at 1613 Richmond Avenue, next door to the Toasted Coconut.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chef Martin Stayer and team (Nobie's) are taking over the former space of Revelry at 1613 Richmond Ave. Stayer is opening another dining concept possibly named Nonno's there. 

The restaurant will be next door to its sister concepts the Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.



A recent TABC notice for Nonno's appears to indicate Nonno's could be a pizzeria or pizza-centric.   

Nonno's the latest dining concept from Martin Stayer and team. It's opening this year at 1613 Richmond Ave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chef Martin Stayer and team (Nobie's) are taking over the former space of Revelry at 1613 Richmond Ave. Stayer is opening another dining concept possibly named Nonno's there. 

The restaurant will be next door to its sister concepts the Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.

 

 

On 4/15/2023 at 11:56 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A recent TABC notice for Nonno's appears to indicate Nonno's could be a pizzeria or pizza-centric.   

Nonno's the latest dining concept from Martin Stayer and team. It's opening this year at 1613 Richmond Ave.




There is an Instagram for Martin Stayer and team's latest restaurant Nonno's. It's billed as a family pizza tavern.

Nonno's opening soon at 1613 Richmond Ave. The space was previously home to local bar Revelry. Stayer's new bar & grill concept is next door to The Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.


https://www.instagram.com/yesyespizzas


al31XDp.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chef Martin Stayer and team (Nobie's) are taking over the former space of Revelry at 1613 Richmond Ave. Stayer is opening another dining concept possibly named Nonno's there. 

The restaurant will be next door to its sister concepts the Toasted Coconut and speakeasy Quiote at 1617 Richmond Ave.

 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:05 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A certificate of occupancy for Nonno's was filed yesterday with the city's permitting department. Nonno's a new dining concept / restaurant from Martin Stayer, Sara Stayer, and team. It's opening at 1613 Richmond Avenue, next door to the Toasted Coconut.

 

On 4/15/2023 at 11:56 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A recent TABC notice for Nonno's appears to indicate Nonno's could be a pizzeria or pizza-centric.   

Nonno's the latest dining concept from Martin Stayer and team. It's opening this year at 1613 Richmond Ave.

 

19 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

There is an Instagram for Martin Stayer and team's latest restaurant Nonno's. It's billed as a family pizza tavern.

https://www.instagram.com/yesyespizzas




CultureMap received a press release with additional details about Nonno's. This is a pizzeria at 1613 Richmond Ave. According to the press release, Nonno's aims to open this summer.

Nonno's will serve tavern-style pizzas. It's the style of pies served at Crust Pizza Co., Godfather's Pizza, and ChiItalian. A'dor, a bar & grill in Montrose, also serves tavern-style pizzas.



More from yesterday's CultureMap article:
 

Conveniently located next to the Stayers’ tiki-inspired concept The Toasted Coconut in the former Revelry on Richmond space, Nonno’s Family Pizza Tavern will build on the legacy of Nobie’s...

The pizzeria will serve the Midwestern-style tavern pizza... In addition to tavern-style pizza, Nonno’s will serve focaccia-style pan pizza by-the-slice, snacks and salads that compliment pizza, desserts (cheesecake and big cookies), and “more culinary surprises...


https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/nonnos-family-pizza-tavern-sara-martin-stayer-nobies-1/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

CultureMap received a press release with additional details about Nonno's. This is a pizzeria at 1613 Richmond Ave. According to the press release, Nonno's aims to open this summer.

Nonno's will serve tavern-style pizzas. It's the style of pies served at Crust Pizza Co., Godfather's Pizza, and ChiItalian. A'dor, a bar & grill in Montrose, also serves tavern-style pizzas.



More from yesterday's CultureMap article:
 

Conveniently located next to the Stayers’ tiki-inspired concept The Toasted Coconut in the former Revelry on Richmond space, Nonno’s Family Pizza Tavern will build on the legacy of Nobie’s...

The pizzeria will serve the Midwestern-style tavern pizza... In addition to tavern-style pizza, Nonno’s will serve focaccia-style pan pizza by-the-slice, snacks and salads that compliment pizza, desserts (cheesecake and big cookies), and “more culinary surprises...


https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/nonnos-family-pizza-tavern-sara-martin-stayer-nobies-1/




Below are details pertaining to the design of Nonno's from yesterday's CultureMap article.

Nonno's is a pizzeria opening this summer at 1613 Richmond Ave.
 


Houston’s Gin Design Group has created a retro-inspired interior for Nonno’s. It will feature nods to the pizzerias of Gen X’ers childhoods such as a mini arcade with carpet floors, neon accents, vintage furniture, and Tiffany pendant lights.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/nonnos-family-pizza-tavern-sara-martin-stayer-nobies-1/


  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

On 5/24/2023 at 2:31 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below are details pertaining to the design of Nonno's from yesterday's CultureMap article.

Nonno's is a pizzeria opening this summer at 1613 Richmond Ave.
 


Houston’s Gin Design Group has created a retro-inspired interior for Nonno’s. It will feature nods to the pizzerias of Gen X’ers childhoods such as a mini arcade with carpet floors, neon accents, vintage furniture, and Tiffany pendant lights.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/nonnos-family-pizza-tavern-sara-martin-stayer-nobies-1/

 




A rendering of the arcade inside forthcoming Nonno's. It's designed by Gin Design Group. The rendering was included in an Eater Houston article.

Nonno's is a pizzeria from the team behind Nobie's. The restaurant aims to open this summer at 1613 Richmond Avenue.


https://houston.eater.com/2023/5/25/23735396/houston-nonnos-pizza-tavern-style-arcade-montrose-openings



tMJgtKd.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nonno's shared a photo of its signage in an Instagram story Tuesday. It's not the clearest image, though. Most of the previews posted to their Instagram Story are dark, filled with noise, and have a heavy yellow cast.

The pizzeria is located at 1613 Richmond Avenue. It's the latest dining concept from the team behind Nobie's, The Toasted Coconut, and Quiote.



d558mlt.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 1613-1617 Richmond Ave.
  • The title was changed to 1613-1617 Richmond Ave.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...