• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Michael Brantley is retiring after a 15 yr career.

2JxInMt.png

He will be missed. I hope the Astros can keep him on in some capacity. I believe he has much valuable insight to offer the younger players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Specwriter said:

He will be missed. I hope the Astros can keep him on in some capacity. I believe he has much valuable insight to offer the younger players.

He's said that he's looking forward to spending more time with his family and being present for his kids while they grow up, but I likewise would love to see him transition to a new role as a hitting coach for us. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hindesky said:

I liked Maldonado and so did many of the pitchers, even though lots of fans didn't.

Yeah, the continual chorus of people throwing him under the bus on the Astros subreddit got really tiresome. Dude was never going to be Ted Williams, but he added value to the team in other ways besides hitting. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, asubrt said:

Yikes, that is an absolutely brutal schedule to start. 17 of the first 20 against very good teams (plus 13 at home so you can pencil those in as L's already).

I sure hope we can shake the home field curse that plagued the team last year, especially during the play-offs. It was just weird.

• Like 2

I sure hope we can shake the home field curse that plagued the team last year, especially during the play-offs. It was just weird.

Right!  Anxious to see the new batter's eye.  Hope they did it right!

• Like 1

"The Astros are in agreement with free-agent closer Josh Hader on a record deal for a reliever, marking a sudden and splashy addition to their bullpen.

Hader’s deal is for five years and $95 million and will pay him $19 million per season, a person familiar with the agreement confirmed to the Chronicle. It includes a full no-trade clause and does not include any opt-outs or club options. The agreement is pending a physical."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/houston-astros-josh-hader-sign-reliever-18617479.php

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

"The Astros are in agreement with free-agent closer Josh Hader on a record deal for a reliever, marking a sudden and splashy addition to their bullpen.

Hader’s deal is for five years and $95 million and will pay him $19 million per season, a person familiar with the agreement confirmed to the Chronicle. It includes a full no-trade clause and does not include any opt-outs or club options. The agreement is pending a physical."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/houston-astros-josh-hader-sign-reliever-18617479.php

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Tucker has two more years on his contract. If he keeps performing as he has Crane will have good reason to give him an extension as well and no excuse not to. Bregman also has two years left on his current contract IIRC.

I believe Tucker has two more years on his contract. If he keeps performing as he has Crane will have good reason to give him an extension as well and no excuse not to. Bregman also has two years left on his current contract IIRC.

This is Bregman’s last contract year.  Tucker is signed through 2025 season.  I personally would prefer that Bergman be extended.  Tucker can be traded as far as I’m concerned.  Had he shown up for last years playoffs we would have had back to back World Series Championships.

Edited by steve1363
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...