Blossom Houston: Hotel At 7118 Bertner Ave.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...

hmm I'm worried about the lasting aesthetic on this one. I could be wrong, but it looks like they are using a kind of faux stone, and simply placing it right onto the vapor barrier. I don't see any hangers or ties for it to be real stone, or a system of z ties which would indicate a rain screen system (which could use real or faux stone). Nope they are just slapping the faux stone right on top of the vapor barrier. That's disappointing. You might be able to get away with that in a more temperate climate, but our humidity is going to torture that facade over the next years.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Per the Houston Planning Commission, this plat requires a public hearing and a complete application that has yet to be provided by the applicant.  As such, Blossom Hotel and Suites was not considered at the May 28, 2020 VPCM.  Once the applicant provides a complete application to HPC, the commission will establish a public hearing date and updated signage will be posted on the property to notice the public.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Blossom Hotel Houston: 16-Story Hotel for the TMC
  • 2 weeks later...