Village On Memorial: Townhomes At 15200 Memorial Dr.

cats

There are several incorporated subdivisions called "The Villages" along Memorial Drive, if that is what you're talking about - Hedwig Village, Hunters Creek, Bunker Hill, Piney Point, and to the north, Spring Valley. These are among the finest, most established neighborhoods in Houston. Yes, they're safe. They're lushly wooded, and since they're incorporated, they have zoning, a rare thing in the Houston area, to prevent unsightly businesses. Probably cost you at least $300k to get a house there.

yeah, the bunker hill/piney point/hedwig village/hunter's creek area could cost near a million. it is a beautiful, nicely wooded area, with alot of well taken care of older homes on larger lots (if ya like that sorta thing...heh)

The Village on Memorial is actually a townhouse complex near Memorial Drive and Eldridge just to the west of the "Memorial Villages" (Bunker Hill in particular). They appear to be quite nice, though I am unfamiliar with them. See the link below:

http://www.villageonmemorial.com/map.htm

I am in general a great fan of the Memorial and Spring Branch areas, as they are fairly close in, while having a suburban, and in some instances a rural feel. The school district that serves the area (the Spring Branch Independant School District) enjoys a particualry good reputation. The Village on Memorial is zoned to Stratford High, Spring Forest Middle School, and Nottingham Elementary (all highly regarded schools).

I actually live in a townhouse in the Spring Valley/Hilshire Village area (a bit to the east and north of the Village at Memorial), and I should point out that though located north of I-10, these villages share the same schools as the other Memorial Villages (Hedwig, Bunker Hill, Piney Poing and Hunters Creek). All the Villages are zoned to Memorial High. In addition, SV and HV are zoned to Spring Branch Middle, which is also the middle school for Hunters Creek, Piney Point and most of Hedwig. The area just to the east of SV and HV (Brykerwoods) is also zoned to Hunters Creek elementary, while SV and HV themselves are zoned to Valley Oaks elementary. And while Valley Oaks is not as highly esteemend as Hunters Creek or Memorial Drive elementaries, it enjoys quite a good reputation.

The Village on Memorial sounds like a place worth considering, so I hope this helps!

G

• 4 weeks later...
The Village on Memorial is actually a townhouse complex near Memorial Drive and Eldridge just to the west of the "Memorial Villages" (Bunker Hill in particular).  They appear to be quite nice, though I am unfamiliar with them.  See the link below:

http://www.villageonmemorial.com/map.htm

I live in this area (Memorial Ashford Townhome complex) and like it. I'm not sure where the Katy school district boundary lies but west of Eldridge might be there.

The nice thing about the Village on Memorial is that it's next to Terry Hershey Park and within walking distances to the Westlake complex.

• The title was changed to Village On Memorial: Townhomes At 15200 Memorial Dr.

Archived