Hamilton Bros. Men's Furnishers At 510 Main St.

RedScare

While standing outside burning a smoke, I noticed scaffolding in front of 510 Main, next door to Grasshopper. It was more of a staircase, going to the roof. Anyone one know if there are plans for this building? It's right in the middle of one of Main Street's best blocks. Don't know why it hasn't moved. Rent too high, perhaps.

On a related note, I think it is funny that Grasshopper has a 'For Sale' sign up during the week, then the sign comes down and Grasshopper opens for business on weekends.

On a related note, I think it is funny that Grasshopper has a 'For Sale' sign up during the week, then the sign comes down and Grasshopper opens for business on weekends.

What's "The Grasshopper"?

Keep Houston Beautiful's website has a table that states that 508-510 Main is currently unoccupied. Don't know when that was last updated.

Alfred C. Finn: "Victory Wilson Inc. Store Building, Hamilton Brothers Store Remodeling, 508-510 Main St., 1921; 1926; 1927.

Sixteen tracings and blueprints of floor plans and elevations." (Edit: This is historical stuff... Nm me. I'm just jumping the gun.)

• The title was changed to 510 Main St.
  • The title was changed to Hamilton Bros. Men's Furnishers At 510 Main St.