Thinking about naming my boy Houston

lockmat

I had a Lab mix named Houston. Great dog. My son has a regular name

I had a Lab mix named Houston. Great dog. My son has a regular name

So nice you named it twice.

If you do Houston, it's going to be a middle or nickname, give him something else to go by.

So nice you named it twice.

If you do Houston, it's going to be a middle or nickname, give him something else to go by.

The joy of posting from a mobile, and not seeing the result until after the edit deadline is gone.

Congratulations on the addition to your family. I, too, have an odd name (at least you won't see it on a key chain anywhere) and it led me to be nicknamed the "L-10-11" because I was "built like a jumbo jet".

When you stand 6'1" and weigh over 220lbs in 8th grade, nicknames like that tend to arise. It could've been worse, my grandmother was a big child as well, and they called her "Fatty Arbuckle".

Anyway, my letterman's jacket still has the "L-10-11" inscribed on the back of it, but I have moved away from using my God given first name. Due to absolutely no one being able to pronounce it correctly on the first attempt, I use my middle name Joseph, which has shortened to "Joe". If you can't pronounce that correctly, well I don't know what to tell you, lol. I kind of hate that I was named after my late grandfather, whom I have much respect for, but don't use it for the aforementioned reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived