Pyburn's Farm Fresh Foods At 7125 Scott St.

The new store will be built at the corner of Scott and Corder. There will be a community meeting at Cullen Middle School on June 17th at 6:30pm so residents can provide input on grocery selections and meet the owner of Pyburn's. From what I've heard, the store will be 20,000 sq. ft. I don't know how large your average Houston grocery store is, but I know Pyburn's will be a welcome addition to the area, which is considered a food desert. This will be Pyburn's third location, with the others being on Almeda near BW8 and the other on Fondren near W. Airport.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Long-Awaited-Grocery-Store-to-Open-in-District-D.html?soid=1116213273384&aid=A9OqJ70ka5w

Well, this truly will be the Death to the Superette a few blocks away.

Don't know much about Pyburns...I've seen their other two stores but have never been in. From my two seconds of internet research, I think it will be a very welcome addition to our neighborhood.

Apparently this will be built on the lot that surrounds the Popeyes, across the street from the fire station.

It's nice to see some investment and development in the hood...but one wonders if this isn't the first trickle of a imminent flood of development. Change is inevitable, with our location inside the Loop, and cheap real estate. I'm happy to see improvements to our retail choices, but I'd hate to see wholesale change to the residential portion of South Union.

• The title was changed to Pyburn's Farm Fresh Foods At 7125 Scott St.

Archived