Houston In The 1960s

jb4647

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/23/2011 at 12:53 PM, toadfroggy said:

I'm so glad you guys remember Sid dying right before air time one evening. I remember that, too, but I was afraid my memory was a bit creative. Was Sid the one that was known for "ta-da-da-dum-ta-dum Presidio, Texas!" when announcing the hottest spot on the map or was that someone else?

Yes, that was Sid Lasher! I grew up with him. I had just started high school when he died. He had the greatest funeral ever. About half the city showed up. I sure do miss him.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Yellowstone And New York St.
  • 5 months later...

What happened to "Jerry Dale" ...  at Houston KHOU TV. He was back-up for Sid Lasher and took Sid's place after Sid suddenly passed away. Jerry Dale later hosted a KHOU Channel 11 TV broadcast called "This Week In Houston." He was a kind and respected friend during the mid-to-late 1970s and through the late 1980s. His name is Joseph John DeBenedetto and was from Yonkers, NY.  I did not find anything via an internet search. 

• The title was changed to 1950s Pecan Coffee Table By Columbia In Louisville, KY
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 1 month later...