Korean Airlines

no1racer

Is this thread about Air China?

pssst. I don't think you want to get into a pissing contest with DFW. It's MUCH bigger than IAH.

Preach. I'm not sure why Houstonians feel so inferior to Dallas. I think it's badass that they have Qantas. Houston prolly won't ever have the privilege. They really need to get Terminal D updated and quick. I'd like to see other big name carriers come in here like All Nippon Airways (Tokyo), Swiss Air (Zurich), LOT Polish Airways (Warsaw), Air India (Delhi) or Qantas (Sydney) to be competitive with Chicago's O'Hare. Even Johannesburg would be sweet.

When is Terminal D's expansion going to get underway anyway? Have they even selected a design or architect?

When is Terminal D's expansion going to get underway anyway? Have they even selected a design or architect?

Good question. I know there were some renderings floating around, but I can't seem to locate them. And I thought they were supposed to have selected the final design in the 4th quarter of 2013. This is the only bit of information that I found via fly2houston.com:

http://www.fly2houston.com/business-ongoing-projects/?modpage=HASProjects2-2&projectid=1130112

I did not mean to insult the dallas guy.  For the last two months I have seen Korean Airlines commercials here.  They are from Oneworld which means there is no connectivity at IAH.  There are a lot of chemical companies here and have plants in Korean.  So they can get a lot of business.  Terminal D is under redevelopment and they will add more gates to accommodate the Airbus-380.  Air France wants to fly it here.  The only one is Lufthansa Airlines.  A friend of mine said that works for United Airlines is a big announcement will come at the end of the year to tear down the north side of Terminal D and connect it to Terminal C for wide bodies or mainlines flights with another 30 gates. One finger will have United Express flights.  The other 2 fingers will have mainline flights also with a FIS center in Terminal B. The 787 would be based in Houston United should have 20 by the end of the year, and a total of 60.  Not including the Airbus350-1000.  But look at the facts IAH had almost 9 million international passengers.  More than DFW, just wait till Southwest starts flying next year.  Fortune 500 companies will see we have 2 International Airports.  Which is very good for the city. 

The City's Aviation Facilities Capital Improvement Plan for 2014-2018 shows the following:

"Terminal D International Facility Improvements and Additions:

2014:  $61.1 Million

2015:  $61.1 Million

2016:  $118.035 Million

2017:  $141.76 Million

They are also working on a new Master Plan for each of the airports and with regard to Terminal D, the Capital Improvement Plan states:  "This project will provide the facilities necessary for international growth. The master plan will determine if we need a new terminal or if remodeling of Terminal D with upgrades of existing MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) systems and existing

architectural/civil systems is needed."

IAH has more International traffic than DFW.  Korean Airlines is part of Oneworld with AA.  It is great to fly to Houston.  We have the most diverse population in the country.  Also a lot chemical companies are based here.  Which is great non-stop to ICN.  But we do not need your blog from dallas.  We already know, please advise us of something else.  Remember Houston will have 2 International Airports next year put that on dallas blog.  LOL!   

You should know that we don't do Houston versus Dallas contests around here, so keep it on the topic at hand.  What happens at DFW isn't particularly relevant. 

Not really sure what point you are trying to make, but some corrections are needed:

I did not mean to insult the dallas guy.  For the last two months I have seen Korean Airlines commercials here.  They are from Oneworld which means there is no connectivity at IAH. 

As noted by Mr Mojito above, Korean is part of SkyTeam, not OneWorld. 

Terminal D is under redevelopment and they will add more gates to accommodate the Airbus-380.  Air France wants to fly it here.  The only one is Lufthansa Airlines.  A friend of mine said that works for United Airlines is a big announcement will come at the end of the year to tear down the north side of Terminal D and connect it to Terminal C for wide bodies or mainlines flights with another 30 gates. 

Presumably, you meant to refer to the planned tearing down of the north side of Terminal B, not Terminal D.  Not sure why there would be any "big announcement" at the end of this year regarding this project, other than perhaps a press release announcing the beginning of construction.   The plans for the Terminal B north project were announced quite some time ago.  The only question has been how long it would take Jeff to stop pouting about Southwest Airlines competing with him.  Phase 2 of the Terminal B project (Phase 1 was the south side reconstruction), will indeed add new narrowbody concourse that will connect to the northwest concourse of Terminal C.  The Phase 2 concourse will have 11 gates.  Phase 3 will add the additional 2 "fingers" you reference.  The 2 concourses (or fingers) to be built in Phase 3 will have an additional 30 gates.  The full rebuild of Terminal B north is planned to have 41 gates, not 30.

But no fist class FORGET IT.

I'm the one flying from SFO to TPE with satellite interknit

Tell me about it! I refuse to fly any airline that doesn't allow me to knit while sitting in some VERY uncomfortable seats. *wink face*

• 2 weeks later...

Just for fun, I checked the Korean Air website for their new Houston-Seoul flight.  Here's what it said about Houston as a destination:

Located in the southeastern part of the United States, in Texas, Houston is the commercial center of the United States and represents remarkable economic development based on the rich resources of the Gulf of Mexico. Houston is not only home to NASA and the Johnson Space Station, but it is also a leader in the aerospace, energy, manufacturing, and medical industries. In addition, it is famous as a cultural city that boasts various cultural facilities.

I didn't yet see any airfares in May that looked interesting, promotion-wise.  Anyone here planning to try out the new flight and want to comment?

I just check and first class on Korean Airlines from IAH to ICN is $9,626,00 it could be business, but United via SFO global first is $11,915.00.  Something is not right, why connect when you can go non stop.  I will not get any miles on Korean Airlines because they belong to Oneworld.  That sucks!  I could do a status match for three months.  Any suggestions? 

• The title was changed to Korean Airlines Starts Houston
  • The title was changed to Korean Airlines

Archived