Tate At Tanglewood: Multifamily At 5880 Inwood Dr.

The wraps keep creeping closer to Westheimer. I wonder when the strip centers and garden style apartment complexes will make way for new projects like this. Even south of Westheimer there are town-homes aplenty, just not directly on the big artery. I don't wish anyone out of house and home, just seems strange that Westheimer has so much abundant land but has yet to mature. Still looks like FM 1960 for most of the way.

Anyways, this along with the HEB are a nice addition to the area. Wonder what all the new apartment dwellers will think of the rigorous pot holes and decaying fountains.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wraps keep creeping closer to Westheimer. I wonder when the strip centers and garden style apartment complexes will make way for new projects like this. Even south of Westheimer there are town-homes aplenty, just not directly on the big artery. I don't wish anyone out of house and home, just seems strange that Westheimer has so much abundant land but has yet to mature. Still looks like FM 1960 for most of the way.

Anyways, this along with the HEB are a nice addition to the area. Wonder what all the new apartment dwellers will think of the rigorous pot holes and decaying fountains.

Westheimer corridor is an interesting one. 

The newer wrap style apartments on Westheimer (Alta City West & Crest @ Fondren) took the place of commercial developments rather than existing apartment complexes. The older apartments are a big contributor to the low rent feel to this stretch of Westheimer, but I guess they are too valuable to be razed and redeveloped as newer apartments.

Maybe someone with Class B/C multifamily investment/management experience can chime in.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Tate At Tanglewood: Multifamily At 5880 Inwood Dr.