• Mediterranean/Mideast
    • Steak for me, baby
    • Tex-Mex
    • Thai
    • Vietnamese
    • Gosh, I never go out to eat
    • Other

• 1 year later...
Best I've ever had in Houston is Dirty's Restaurant on Durham, From I-10 exit Durham it just South of I-10 on the Left. Use to be White with green trim if I remember right, looks like an old wooden saw mill or something. Great food.

Yep, it was good while it lasted - but Dirty's is long gone. It was razed, and a new Cyclone Anaya's was built on the lot.

Best I've ever had in Houston is Dirty's Restaurant on Durham, From I-10 exit Durham it just South of I-10 on the Left. Use to be White with green trim if I remember right, looks like an old wooden saw mill or something. Great food.

Dirty's was good, but if you take a little drive out to Katy, I have a place for you, that will make sit up and smack yo' mama in the mouth. The Texas Tradition on hwy.90 is guaranteed to make you say DAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN ! ! ! !

• 1 year later...
im sick of chinese. and is it me or are ALL chinese buffets the same? UGH.

i usually stick to seafood. Connies is not bad. Or Mambo's seafood. Cute waitress too. I love their pants. ;)

The have really good Calamari too.

I've heard they are owned by an Asian family and not a latino one as I had presumed.

The have really good Calamari too.

I've heard they are owned by an Asian family and not a latino one as I had presumed.

Interesting. The one on 290 used to be a Chinese buffet (Yak Sing maybe?). Then it shut down and remodeled into Mambo, but the fried rice tasted exactly like the fried rice at the old Chinese buffet. Lots of folks from work went there, and we joked that they found tubs of it left behind and weren't letting it go to waste.

Not sure I have a favorite I'd want if there were no other food types. I'd probably pick something like Mediterranean since it's good for you, I can eat olives up the wazoo, and it has a lot of variety and vegetables and salads.

Even still ... I'd want a big juicy Whataburger every now and then (with a huge side of sinful Pappa's fries ... yes, I do mix-and-match sometimes).