Houston With No Freeways

If we didn't have freeways we would have developed more like European cities and New York and Chicago.

We wouldn't be as sprawled out, but that's a what if scenario that won't happen.

• 1 year later...
Houston and the whole entire state.

Will it be tough to get to places with no freeways to get around.

YES :D OR NO! :angry:

What do u think!

I'm one of the few who can remember Houston with no freeways and it took forever to get around. We lived on the west side and it took forever to get to the airport (HIA) not (IAH), and that was back in 1959. Can't remember much past then. Okay the Gulf Freeway was there and bits and pieces of other roads were in the works, but it sucked. OST was like Westheimer in front of the Galleria today. Getting to the zoo was just as bad. We didn't have air conditioning in those cars either guys.

I love our freeways....every mile of them. Let's finish the ones that are planned and then take a look at what we have. You will be greatful.

I'm one of the few who can remember Houston with no freeways and it took forever to get around. We lived on the west side and it took forever to get to the airport (HIA) not (IAH), and that was back in 1959. Can't remember much past then. Okay the Gulf Freeway was there and bits and pieces of other roads were in the works, but it sucked. OST was like Westheimer in front of the Galleria today. Getting to the zoo was just as bad. We didn't have air conditioning in those cars either guys.

I love our freeways....every mile of them. Let's finish the ones that are planned and then take a look at what we have. You will be greatful.

Indeed. For all the freeway hate out there, one must remember that Houston has possibly the best (read: most functional) freeway system in the world, relative to city size.

• 2 weeks later...
If we didn't have freeways we would have developed more like European cities and New York and Chicago.

We wouldn't be as sprawled out, but that's a what if scenario that won't happen.

We have so deep of a love affair with our vehicles that we would regard in horror the thought of no freeways.

Archived