get McMovies with your McFood!

starting july 1, you can add movies to your order at 181 houston-area mcdonald's restaurants, where the fast-food chain is rolling out a new wave of dvd rental kiosks called redboxes.

while most rental fees are around $4, the burger chain's rentals are $1 per night (credit card only), and the disc can be returned to any mcdonald's restaurant with a redbox. films must be dropped off before 10 p.m. to avoid paying for an additional day.

Yeah at the McDonald's I work at we have a redbox kiosk outside, it's pretty popular. I think after like 25 days or somewhere around there they end payment on your credit card and you keep the movie.

But man, I am glad im not working there anymore. :D

Yeah at the McDonald's I work at we have a redbox kiosk outside, it's pretty popular.

Congrats Talbot - you're now 1 in 4 Americans. How you ask? Simple: it's estimated that 1 in 4 Americans will work at a McDonalds in their lifetime.

Neat stuff huh? Check this book out, and then watch this movie: Fast Food Nation, Supersize Me.

I'll see you at McDonalds..

Congrats Talbot - you're now 1 in 4 Americans. How you ask? Simple: it's estimated that 1 in 4 Americans will work at a McDonalds in their lifetime.

Neat stuff huh? Check this book out, and then watch this movie: Fast Food Nation, Supersize Me.

I'll see you at McDonalds..

I've seen the Supersize Me documentary, that man is insane. But what's funny is on that movie they say that they are not allowed to ask customers if they want the super size, but they still ask them.

And about seeing me at McDonald's, yeah right! I put in my 2 weeks notice last weekend, because I got a job at Nace, Thank god.

I notice the Sugar Land McDonalds (on Eldridge) -and if you want High frustration don't EVER go to this Mcdonalds. They win the award for the most screws up at a McDonalds (for a simple order)--example in a min.

I saw the Red Box thingie there and I didn't bother with it. I mean why should I when "HEB" has it for the same exact deal!! (and I trust HEB more)

okay my example:

I went to Mcdonalds one early morning asking for the Kids meal pancake breakfast. the teenger at the drive thru (well you have to order at the window) said "I needed to order at the other window" -which wasn't open or I would have ordered at the other window (duh)...anyway the guy said they don't have a kids meal breakfast. So I see the manager passing by. I told him let me talk to your manager. Manager comes out the window and starts to argue with me too or raises an attitude. I simply told the manager, "I was asking for a kids meal pancake breakfast and your employee said you didn't have it." The employee helping me (I think) told me, "That is not true...I said (blah blah blah) ... I was in NO mood to put up with this. I told them to forget it and went across the driveway to the donut shop for Kolaches.

I have asked for a cheeseburger kids meal at times and they put a dollop (like the whip cream commerical) of mayo on there. I mean I taste more mayo then cheeseburger.

When I tell them to remove the gallon of mayo from my burger they get kinda mad.

I have even written down the order (from my employees) and yet this McDonalds gets an order wrong.

one time I asked for a pancake breakfast kids meal (which is 2 pancakes and a hashy (hashbrown). They give me a big breakfast (I don't eat alot so I didn't need that much food)

I think these people make more mistakes b/c they don't have a speaker box drive thru. Its longer to tell it face to face.

I didn't think about it till reading this thread but I have not eaten at a mcdonalds in years and years. Also maybe I am just weird but I haven't rented movies in a long time. If there is a new movie I really want I'll just buy it or if I'm at circuit city or target and I see one I like I will just buy it. How much does it cost to rent nowadays because when I buy at the aforementioned places I usually get it for around 5 bucks.

I don't rent often either. If I want to see if I will watch it in theatres and if not that I'll eventtually rent. I think its about $3.75 or something. I can't totally remember.

To rent Video Games is: $6.00!! (I find a rip off)

Anyone watch the Blockbuster ad with "After Late Fees" and then read the fine print at the bottom? saying after a week its converted to a sale on your credit card (or some "BS" like that)

so let's mention "NO Late fees" and then add in the fine print that there is a late fee after a week before you are forced to buy it!

;)

I stopped going to mcds in january of this year. i usually go to wendys now. i order 3 of their little salads. that will usually suffice for me until dinner. i try to eat lite dinners too. a good thing about eating so many leaves for lunch is that you become very regular. and it's cool because when you do the #2 it's just one solid piece that requires very little cleaup. and it always makes me feel like a new stud. :)

I've seen the Supersize Me documentary, that man is insane. But what's funny is on that movie they say that they are not allowed to ask customers if they want the super size, but they still ask them.

I'm not sure "documentary" is exactly the right word to use for Super Size Me because the actor clearly had a point of view that he was trying to fulfill. It was no more representative of the real world than MTV's "The Real World."

Back on point, though -- I WISH I could get them to super size my fries. After about eight years of absence, I've started going again becuase of the convenience and because of their chicken offerings. But even when I tell them to super size my fries, they just won't do it. They make all the motions like they're going to, but I end up with a medium fry anyway. And this is at three different McDonald's, including last night at 2am at their flagship location.

I want more fries!

I saw the Red Box thingie there and I didn't bother with it. I mean why should I when "HEB" has it for the same exact deal!! (and I trust HEB more)

I don't know if trusting HEB more will do anything if there was a problem with the machine when you use it. The machines are owned by the Redbox company and usually they don't give the stores any instructions for their machines. if there is a problem someone from the company has to come out.

And wow, no drive thru's?

@ Editor: That's true, but either way the man was still insane for doing that to himself. :P

@ Casual Observer and LTAWACS: lmao, I heard about that on this mornings news and I think it's a stupid idea, some of those people that work at the restaraunt get so dirty with the food on their clothes from making it in a hurry, not to mention that they're usually hot by the cooking machines and they sweat in their clothes, IMO it's a waste of money.

And yes I do think they are changing their audience preference a little bit. The one that I used to work at changed the whole inside of the restaraunt that it doesn't even look like a McDonald's anymore. It looks like some swanky, modern, more expensive food place.

I don't know if trusting HEB more will do anything if there was a problem with the machine when you use it. The machines are owned by the Redbox company and usually they don't give the stores any instructions for their machines. if there is a problem someone from the company has to come out.

And wow, no drive thru's?

@ Editor: That's true, but either way the man was still insane for doing that to himself. :P

@ Casual Observer and LTAWACS:  lmao, I heard about that on this mornings news and I think it's a stupid idea, some of those people that work at the restaraunt get so dirty with the food on their clothes from making it in a hurry, not to mention that they're usually hot by the cooking machines and they sweat in their clothes, IMO it's a waste of money.

And yes I do think they are changing their audience preference a little bit. The one that I used to work at changed the whole inside of the restaraunt that it doesn't even look like a McDonald's anymore. It looks like some swanky, modern, more expensive food place.

If what you say is true then they are adapting to the local market.

Theres not a nearby Whataburger/Arby's/Wendy's near me :(

Just Mcdonalds, Sonic, Popeyes, or Subway!

They have a drive thru at this Mcdonalds they don't have a Mcdonalds speaker box. So you drive up and tell the person what your order is instead of yelling it into a box before you pay.

When you drive to the first window you give the order/pay and next window is pick up.

my whole deal with renting DVD's at Mcdonalds is well...I'm there to eat (or attempt to eat)..not rent DVD's. If they offered money instead of credit card only I'd probably use the machine more often. But I am not giving my credit card info to that machine.

If they offered money instead of credit card only I'd probably use the machine more often. But I am not giving my credit card info to that machine.

Well is there a way to do it without a credit card number or something similar? I mean what would keep people from just keeping the movie?

BTW I would go to sonic if I were you, but that is just my preference.