Old Hyde Park Supermarket to become Cuchara Mexican Restaurant

I was wondering when or if something would go in there. They had done all that work redoing the place with no business going in. In the vast landscape of Mexican restaurants in Houston, I hope this one survives.

Edited by WestGrayGuy

Don Julio's is closing? I thought the food was decent, however, I believe that property is haunted by the ghosts of La Strada past.

We actually liked DJ's food - but the last time we went - we waited for 5 minutes at the door -- there was absolutely no staff anywhere to be seen - no bartender, no host, nobody....so we left and haven't been back...

I always like another Mexican restaurant to go to...doesn't look like the place will be very big though

Edited by HoustonMidtown

• 11 months later...

This should be interesting to check out, I'm always down to check out a new steak place...

I just hope they don't go overboard on the decor.

Went there a few days ago with my realtor -- it was very good - he said his steak was one of the best he has had -- I am not a big steak eater, but the filet I had was excellent....they also comped our drinks (not sure why) so that always helps.  It is fairly expensive, our bill for 2 people was $130 for 2 meals and an appetizer....I will definitely be going back...

Edited by HoustonMidtown

• The title was changed to Old Hyde Park Supermarket to become Cuchara Mexican Restaurant