Old Hyde Park Supermarket to become Cuchara Mexican Restaurant

Don Julio's is closing? I thought the food was decent, however, I believe that property is haunted by the ghosts of La Strada past.

We actually liked DJ's food - but the last time we went - we waited for 5 minutes at the door -- there was absolutely no staff anywhere to be seen - no bartender, no host, nobody....so we left and haven't been back...

I always like another Mexican restaurant to go to...doesn't look like the place will be very big though

• 11 months later...

This should be interesting to check out, I'm always down to check out a new steak place...

I just hope they don't go overboard on the decor.

Went there a few days ago with my realtor -- it was very good - he said his steak was one of the best he has had -- I am not a big steak eater, but the filet I had was excellent....they also comped our drinks (not sure why) so that always helps.  It is fairly expensive, our bill for 2 people was $130 for 2 meals and an appetizer....I will definitely be going back...

• The title was changed to Old Hyde Park Supermarket to become Cuchara Mexican Restaurant

Archived