Mosquitoes

heights

I'd rather have the county save a few bucks instead of spraying for such a short season.

Perhaps you need a donation for some DEET related products?

We don't know how short the season is going to be. Thursday it's supposed to rain again, and it's looking like another mosquito muster. Our quality of life is diminished and Harris County is being obstinate about taking action. What good is the County anyway if they don't even answer the phone by taking it off the hook? Why isn't our Mayor or City Councilman speaking out to get action?

According to the Chronicle, Harris County has no plans whatsoever to spray. The excuse is that they never spray unless West Nile breaks out. Other surrounding counties are spraying aggressively. I ask everyone to call the county and complain about their policy.

Well, that's it then, every other county is spraying, so they all came here.

I rarely get swarmed when going outside, but these last few days have been like something out of an end of the world, or horror movie.

Even though rain is coming tomorrow, colder weather is following. That oughta drive the little bastards back underground.

I was just outside for 30 minutes with the dogs, as I am every night, and didn't notice any. Earlier this summer I would get swarmed within seconds of going outside, so this is a nice improvement. Right after the rains I noticed an increase though.

I must now recant this post. The last 4 or 5 days they have been horrible. Worse, they've gotten in my house. They come in through the dog door, whenever you open the door, everywhere. Luckily, I am not allergic to their bites, so they only itch for a few minutes.

I must now recant this post. The last 4 or 5 days they have been horrible. Worse, they've gotten in my house. They come in through the dog door, whenever you open the door, everywhere. Luckily, I am not allergic to their bites, so they only itch for a few minutes.

As of 8 am this morning, I am convinced they are actually aliens conducting experiments on humans. I have four bites, in a straight line, right up the lower part of my spine. This can only mean that they are tapping my spinal fluid. What other explanation could there be? It all makes sense now- their sudden appearance, their staggering numbers, their unrelenting swarming in the face of repellant. Aliens, I'm telling you.

• 1 month later...

Mosquitoes are very common in every where, Beyond its itching pain it spread a lot of diseases too. while answering your question , "how to avoid mosquito bites and its entries in rooms?" you should find out how the mosquitoes are attracted? that will help u to solve your problem.

Mosquitoes are attracted through various methods . Body odor, Color-Dark,Carbon Dioxide, Pregnancy, Movements, Some Sounds, Vit B1, Lactic acid,Moisture,Body Temperature etc.are some examples for attractiveness.among these few we can change to avoid mosquito entry to rooms -- bath with soap wipe out body odors 7 lactic acid for few hours , reduce room moisture, avoid dirty cloths hanging in room, diet change will help to reduce lactic acid production.

USE OF REPELLENTS

REPELLENTS & mosquito Nets also useful, most REPELLENTS are not long lasting , Odomoos has only few hours activity , some natural repellants are Citronella Oil

Lemon Eucalyptus Oil

Cinnamon Oil

Castor Oil

Rosemary Oil

Lemongrass Oil

Cedar Oil

Peppermint Oil

Clove Oil

Geranium Oil

its effectiveness vary species to species of mosquito family .

Prevention is better than quire, so make your home surrounding clean & use mosquito nets.

Archived