Rudy's BBQ At 21799 Katy Fwy.

GrandLakes

Just saw this on their Facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150279335707968&set=a.138391642967.108976.91927582967&type=1&theater

Looks like it will be on the South side of I-10 Just East of Mason Road. Right next to the Dodge dealership. This should give Spring Creek BBQ some competition (and Red River BBQ on South Mason). Exciting Stuff!!

it's smallish Texas chain. the first store was an old country store in Boerne. Are there other locations in Houston? I know lots of people in the SA and New Braunfels area love it. Their smoked turkey is good. Overall good, but not like any of the great central texas places. I don't know what Spring Creek is, but I'd put Rudy's on par with Goode Co. It's pretty amazing the way people go apeshit for new restaurants in Katy. My family lives there and it's always a hot topic of conversation. And there's apparently no end to the appetite for more. You can't spit and not hit a restaurant.

The best thing I ever had there was a smoked trout. Out of this world! I don't know if that was special to the one store or they did it everywhere. The cream corn side is really good and very popular. Their sauce is a thick-ish tomato base with lots of black pepper. Fine I guess if you're one of those philistines who covers your meat in sauce. :)

never seen their smoked trout in the menu in their austin or houston stores... will definitely try it if i see it.

i'm pretty excited about the clear lake location since i work down there. sometimes i make the effort to get up to the Spring one when I land at IAH if the timing is right, but its still out of the way. I also almost always have a big bottle of their sauce at home, and get requests to take bottles to germany for my friend there who intro'd it to a bunch of people that all ask for it.

they are usually good about asking if its your first time, you can get samples. definitely worth trying the 'extra moist' brisket, though it is fatty the meat is so tender you have to try it. i usually get the lean and the turkey, plus the creamed corn. i think their sausage and pulled pork is just par.

• 4 weeks later...

it's smallish Texas chain. the first store was an old country store in Boerne. Are there other locations in Houston? I know lots of people in the SA and New Braunfels area love it. Their smoked turkey is good. Overall good, but not like any of the great central texas places. I don't know what Spring Creek is, but I'd put Rudy's on par with Goode Co. It's pretty amazing the way people go apeshit for new restaurants in Katy. My family lives there and it's always a hot topic of conversation. And there's apparently no end to the appetite for more. You can't spit and not hit a restaurant.

i love Rudy's. great bbq, great breakfast tacos! only negative is some locations seem to have higher prices, which can add up pretty quick.

and actually, the original store is in Leon Springs, about 10 miles south of Boerne.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Rudy's BBQ On I-10
  • The title was changed to Rudy's BBQ At 21799 Katy Fwy.

Archived