More On Lovett Homes

I ran across a thread that began in 2005 "Beware Lovett Homes" on thins blog not too long ago, it roughly stated how Lovett Homes customer service was a nightmare to them.

I couldn't believe it! I bought a Lovett Home last year in Silverdart & my experience has only been stellar, so much so that even my sister is in the process of buying a Lovett Home in their "Post Oak Green" neighborhood (it's beautiful!!)

In an effort to disprove this old post, she and I put Lovett to the test at this new home & we are beyond glad to say they passed with flying colors! No matter what we asked for, their customer service was prompt & beyond helpful even if or when they had to say no to something, we were still given well informed reasons to why and alternative options too. We couldn't have been happier!!

I can't wait to hang out with the family on my sister's new rooftop terrace at Post Oak Green this summer, go by their model & check out the homes, it's an amazing quiet little neighborhood & true to Lovett's great standards. I hate that the poster of "Beware Lovett Homes" felt like he had a bad experience six years ago but the record needs to be set straight, Lovett is FANTASTIC!

What's your take? Do you own a Lovett home too?

Just saying, your post sounds like it is straight from Lovett's marketing department, not an un-solicited testimonial. This being your first post it is hard to believe it would be a gushing, rather transparent sales job on Lovett's behalf. Nice try.

I can't wait to hang out with the family on my sister's new rooftop terrace at Post Oak Green this summer, go by their model & check out the homes, it's an amazing quiet little neighborhood & true to Lovett's great standards.

Does a 1 street, 35 townhouse, gated community really count as a neighborhood... and if it did, would it really be worth gushing about ?

I'm sure the sunrise view across a 1 mile span of warehouses is quite lovely this time of year.

And who the heck goes and looks at model homes for the fun of it except perspective buyers, which you are not.

Nice try, Mr Lovett summer intern tasked with finding and correcting Lovett "misconceptions" on the web.

Edited by Highway6
  • Like 1

Wow that's kinda harsh for my sister and I sharing our experience!

You didn't have to respond and attack my compliment like that! Do you even live in a lovett community? No, then why chime in? That's just rude of you to attack my post and not provide real input to the conversation. I posted something positive about a local business that i've delt with twice and wanted to recognize good customer service where it had once been reported it was bad.

I take pride in my home and community like any homeowner who lives in River Oaks, Upper Kirby or Spring Branch would. It's where i've invested my money & planting my roots for years to come; its not odd I love my community and want to let others know it's a great place too.

As for the i'm "Mr. Lovett's summer intern" or part of his marketing team remark, that's a joke right? I'm a U.S. Naval veteran of the Gulf War and proud employee of the USPS & guess what, when customers are happy with their service they share it! Don't defame me or tear me down for being a happy homeowner.

I felt the same way about D.R. Horton too when they built my first home in Rodeo Palms of Manvel, Tx ... guess i'm the spokesman dog for their marketing team now too.

By the way, my sister's view is amazing at her new place and its a nice quiet neighborhood (yes, i said neighborhood "a geographically localised community within a larger city, town or suburb"). You people are something else, let's have a conversation not a pissing contest.

post-10012-0-47543200-1307054790_thumb.j

Wow that's kinda harsh for my sister and I sharing our experience!

You didn't have to respond and attack my compliment like that! Do you even live in a lovett community? No, then why chime in? That's just rude of you to attack my post and not provide real input to the conversation. I posted something positive about a local business that i've delt with twice and wanted to recognize good customer service where it had once been reported it was bad.

I take pride in my home and community like any homeowner who lives in River Oaks, Upper Kirby or Spring Branch would. It's where i've invested my money & planting my roots for years to come; its not odd I love my community and want to let others know it's a great place too.

As for the i'm "Mr. Lovett's summer intern" or part of his marketing team remark, that's a joke right? I'm a U.S. Naval veteran of the Gulf War and proud employee of the USPS & guess what, when customers are happy with their service they share it! Don't defame me or tear me down for being a happy homeowner.

I felt the same way about D.R. Horton too when they built my first home in Rodeo Palms of Manvel, Tx ... guess i'm the spokesman dog for their marketing team now too.

By the way, my sister's view is amazing at her new place and its a nice quiet neighborhood (yes, i said neighborhood "a geographically localised community within a larger city, town or suburb"). You people are something else, let's have a conversation not a pissing contest.

Why? Oh, I don't like salespersons who mis-represent themselves. Lower than spammers IMO.

Does a 1 street, 35 townhouse, gated community really count as a neighborhood... and if it did, would it really be worth gushing about ?

I'm sure the sunrise view across a 1 mile span of warehouses is quite lovely this time of year.

And who the heck goes and looks at model homes for the fun of it except perspective buyers, which you are not.

Nice try, Mr Lovett summer intern tasked with finding and correcting Lovett "misconceptions" on the web.

That's a depressing view. I mean, kudos for making use of that space, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded by warehouses on three sides.

That's a depressing view. I mean, kudos for making use of that space, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded by warehouses on three sides.

Even worse, the apartments next door. They're infested with people. And people are hell.

"Keep your yuppie lands, your storied pomp!" cries he

With silent lips. "Give me your metallic, your tiltwall,

Your boxy masses yearning for nothing, inhuman,

The wretched infrastructure of your consumer society.

Send these, the unappreciated and pale to me,

For I seek a home amongst the loading docks!"

I'm barely kidding. Humans will screw with your head, seemingly for fun...and that's all they do if you're lucky. Wholesalers just want to be left alone.

Even worse, the apartments next door. They're infested with people. And people are hell.

"Keep your yuppie lands, your storied pomp!" cries he

With silent lips. "Give me your metallic, your tiltwall,

Your boxy masses yearning for nothing, inhuman,

The wretched infrastructure of your consumer society.

Send these, the unappreciated and pale to me,

For I seek a home amongst the loading docks!"

I'm barely kidding. Humans will screw with your head, seemingly for fun...and that's all they do if you're lucky. Wholesalers just want to be left alone.

It they were to let these neighbors have heir block parties and BBQ's in the nice air-conditioned warehouses instead of the hot outdoors, it might be a good deal after all.

What's thousand dollarsed up is I never said any of you should move in (no one wants cynical ***** like you as neighbors) this post was a bout how I THINK they have great customer service. YOu don't like the homes or location? there's plenty of space for you to go elsewhere ... this site is full of ***holes

What's thousand dollarsed up is I never said any of you should move in (no one wants cynical ***** like you as neighbors) this post was a bout how I THINK they have great customer service. YOu don't like the homes or location? there's plenty of space for you to go elsewhere ... this site is full of assholes

Salespeople usually have a thicker skin.

I'm not saying that the company in question doesn't give wonderful service -- as a renter, I wouldn't know. Further, I hope that it, and all similar companies, are working hard toward increasing the satisfaction of all of its customers.

With that in mind, if you're a regular joe who works at the post office, do you have any idea why the IP address of the computer that you're posting these messages from is registered to a real estate business?

• Like 2

With that in mind, if you're a regular joe who works at the post office, do you have any idea why the IP address of the computer that you're posting these messages from is registered to a real estate business?

Can't wait to see how he attempts to triple down on this charade.

That's what funny about this whole thread and feeble marketing attempt.. Before this, I didn't remember the old Lovett thread and had no thoughts, good or bad, of them. They were no different than any other suburban home builder. But now.. Now we got a bad guy to root against.

Silverdart.. bad 'Decision'. You're now my Miami Heat of Houston home builders.

And next time friends or family ask my opinion of Houston area home builders (and they do occasionally since I'm an architectural designer), I'm sure as hell gonna share this tale of Lovett and their (more unscrupulous than average) salesman.

Edited by Highway6