Anybody Know What Happned To Greystone08?

C2H

Sorry off topic folks but anyone know where greystone08 is? He hasn't been around for a while. I know he's not all that much of a frequent poster but i've tried pm and i get no response. Normally when i pm him i get a response w/in a day or two. I had a question in regard to a letter he was supposed to have been writing to the mayor.

Moderators, did he leave the forum like our beloved twe2nty se7en? It's a shame because he was more of a peacemaker and sometimes calmed things down when flamewars would break out.

It's summer? :huh:

In regards to a person disappearing or not, we have a tendency to get a little curious about the wherabouts a time o to, so I think you were being a bit harsh there, tierwestah.

Ricco

i was just asking because i wanted to get some information from him. So tierwestah, your snide comment was really unnecessary. Sometimes i wonder from reading your posts on here if you're mad at the world about something. Because there are times when you can say some pretty hurtful things for no reason at all. Your comment was not only a stab against me, but at greystone as well.

As for Debmartin, it's no surprise because i remember some time ago sending her a PM and never got a response back, yet she would still continue to post on the forum.

"As for Debmartin, it's no surprise because i remember some time ago sending her a PM and never got a response back, yet she would still continue to post on the forum." (quote, c2h)

dear c2h, sorry but i never rec'd a pm from you, or i would have for sure responded. there are several people here on the board that have traded pm's with me who know this is true - if you remember what it is you wanted to ask me, please try it again as i am always glad to hear from a fellow forum member. i have had my ups and downs with people because just like most of us here, i'm opinionated, but my primary purpose for joining was to engage in dialog and sometimes that gets a little complicated. i would also like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for their efforts to keep it all civil.

thank you editor, for sharing the fact that i am still alive - i am so very flattered that anyone would notice my absence. to those who know me not quite so well, my older son is a patient at md anderson and has recently had some setbacks, although the latest prognosis was positive. i just returned from a 3wk vacation, where i spent the majority of the time glued to my laptop and on a cell phone. i make my living doing research for writing projects and i found myself so far behind i was not sure i could pull it off, but i did. even when it seems i don't have a minute to spare, i usually can't resist logging on to the forum and trying to keep up. i'm looking forward to spending some time here again - it seems things in houston can change dramatically in only a short time and we should all have plenty of current events to keep the topics lively.

getting back on topic, does anybody know what happened to greystone08?

debmartin

Best wishes, Deb.

As for Greystone, he has a fairly recent post at some other websites. As someone else said, he's in college, I believe, and summers are almost like a mandatory chill session for those guys. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kicking back and leaving all the techno crap alone until Fall.

To C2H, westender, and rico, i really don't think that anyone needs to come down on me because i made a true statement. I really don't mean to sound like an a$$ but i tend to speak the truth and sometimes people don't want to hear it.

I was not trying to attack greystone but let's face it, he's just some schmo goin' to college. He's said some things to me in PMs that i didn't really care to hear. He referred to me as obnoxious and called me a a thug on one thread. But who the hell is he? Trust me, i don't hate the guy, but i don't really care if he's gone either.

And DebMartin, i don't mean this as an attack, but learn how to quote people!

To C2H, westender, and rico, i really don't think that anyone needs to come down on me because i made a true statement. I really don't mean to sound like an a$$ but i tend to speak the truth and sometimes people don't want to hear it.

I was not trying to attack greystone but let's face it, he's just some schmo goin' to college. He's said some things to me in PMs that i didn't really care to hear. He referred to me as obnoxious and called me a a thug on one thread. But who the hell is he? Trust me, i don't hate the guy, but i don't really care if he's gone either.

And DebMartin, i don't mean this as an attack, but learn how to quote people!

Constructive criticism and thoughtful debate is encouraged.

Even some less-than-thoughtful debate is fine.

But when threads turn into people making baseless accusations and hurling insults, they will be closed.  Some people just don't know when to quit and often the flamewars that erupt in public here end up turning into threats of violence and worse in private messages.  There is enough anger and violence in the world. This web site is not intended to be an incubator for any more.