We Need A Sound Off Topic!

BayouCityGirl

Okay I have a BIG complaint but yet what I need to say would get me kicked off here. We totally need a sound off topic so we can say what we want and people can be aware that if it offends others to use at their own risk.

My biggest sound off is the closing of the Dallas board when we have a discussion w/o it being heated it gets closed! Was it something I said?!

well why would you allow a negative article about houston ,but no negative feedback about dallas. what did you expect? you know this forum.

Yeah I would agree. Nobody here started this flame war.

With all due respect how can one allow things like rabid political statements which become wars of the worst kind, and then when theres a Houston/Dallas argument it's shut down. It seems inconsistent.

I always thought it sophomoric to pit one city against another. We all have the option and the right to choose wherever we want to live. Once you make that choice, what good does it do to badmouth some place you didn

I think ranting and getting rage out on this forum would be a complete waist of resources. If you can get your rage out in a proper fashion and discuss it in a nice way, don't do it.

We don't want to become like many portions of Skyscrapercity. The only reason i visit that site now is to check on pictures from around the world.

The conversation for the most part is a waste of time.

well i wasnt talking about raging on another city i just meant in general...i feel it healthy sometimes to just let all your emotions out in passion...you feel a lot better afterwards and a lot of stress is lifted. you just gotta find a way to not look like a fool

brijon,

EXACTLY what I mean!! Thank you!

I mean there is a way to let out anger w/o making oneself look bad.

btw, why compare us to another board when we aren't that board?

i mean the majority of us all are all adults are we? We can't have a discussion w/o arguement. If the discussions get heated, why not email the people who are starting the issues. I mean the entire topic has to close because a couple people are starting stuff on the board?

The fact is, most us are adults, but many don't act like it. If you get offended by comments and have to rage in pasionate rants about something, you really can't be an adult. That's teenage mentality.

And this is coming from a 25-year old.

I agree with KJB to a point,

While there are those of us that can handle a little "cyber rage" about life outside of our own, or bitching about traffic or whatever, there are those that are just too delicate to handle such a conversation for whatever reason. there are also those that would call you a fool for ranting about can be considered a MILD inconviencence (or a major one to another).

Ranting can be theraputic, but it loses it's purpose on a forum like this.

That's why I always used to go to an empty floor after a manager's meeting and scream my lungs out before I can compose myself and smile at the idiots who got their jobs out of sheer luck as opposed to having some semblence of intelligence.

oh, I'm sorry, was that a rant? :)

Ricco

Speaking for myself I never thought I had ranted at all regarding Dallas. I've always said I liked the town but prefered to live here. I then pointed out the reasons I love this city, that was all.

Once again, when there is extreme ranting politicaly on this forum it's not frowned upon by some, but when The H VS D threads start were asked to curve our immaturity. Personaly that's pretty offensive.

Again I just wish we could be consistent, or like Bayou Girl said, create a ranting forum.

When I get upset and in the mood I tend to draw and let out my artistic expression. OR when I am pissed at something offline I GO Offline b/c I feel I will hurt my friends with indirect anger at something else.

Sometimes I cry it out

Sometimes I draw

Sometimes I need to talk about my issues with someone

Sometimes I need a good laugh

all of these basically help me.

What my classmate at the Art Institute used to do is take a pen and some paper and scribble.

I grew up in a verbally abusive household so what I'd do (this sounds silly) is write a letter to a celebrity I felt would listen and let out all my emotions pouring them on paper. I'd never Actually SEND the letter,I'd tear it up (and think "they got their own problems") but I got my frustration out without hurting anyone.

Not too long ago I wanted to vent my anger on fitness kickboxing (I'm still into thinking of doing that)

but the best way to actually vent is pet a cat or dog. They know when your hurting, pissed off or upset and they'll do something funny to make you laugh.

I know my cat will lay down next to me when I cry and just let me sob. Sometimes rubbing its head on my tears. When I have my arms at my side he takes his head under my arm to say "It will be okay"

My dad's exgirlfriends dog "Boo-Boo" was SO sweet, she'd do something silly to make me laugh to forget my problems.

animals are sensitive creatures and yet they are there when you need them. IF you don't own an animal go to a pet shop and play with the puppies for a while. Its free and great interaction for the animal. :)

Constructive criticism and thoughtful debate is encouraged.

Even some less-than-thoughtful debate is fine.

But when threads turn into people making baseless accusations and hurling insults, they will be closed. Some people just don't know when to quit and often the flamewars that erupt in public here end up turning into threats of violence and worse in private messages. There is enough anger and violence in the world. This web site is not intended to be an incubator for any more.

The only thing I hate is when the moderators close an entire thread based on the actions of just one or two people. Thats the way you handle children, not adults.

Group punishment is often seen as a sign of insecurity or weakness.

I so agree with you!! Like I learned in grade school. You punish one you punish all. I mean one day I can be posting happily and someone says something and the moderator says something like, "I knew it..." or something and closes the topic. More or less I"m like "sh**!" because I thought of something to post and I can't even write anymore. I still think if it bothers the mods that much, delete the post causing damage not close the entire topic.