Tulsa Energy Company Moving To Houston

I hope this hasn't already been posted.

Press Release:

Tulsa energy company moving to Houston

Associated Press

TULSA, Okla. - Sunoco Logistics Partners LP is joining a long list of Tulsa energy companies that have decided to move their operations to Houston.

The company announced Friday it will move its Western Pipeline System and 111 jobs to Texas by the end of the year. Employees have been offered jobs in the new location.

"The city of Tulsa has been an integral part of the company's success," Sunoco Logistics spokes man Gerald Davis said. "These are decisions that are made after much careful thought."

Deborah Fretz, president and chief executive of Philadelphia-based Sunoco Logistics, said a key factor in the company's decision "was the increased availability of people in the Houston area with the requisite experience and disciplines that will sustain the excellent performance Sunoco Logistics has achieved."

The Western Pipeline System includes 2,450 miles of crude oil pipeline in Oklahoma and Texas and a 44 percent stake in West Texas Gulf Pipe Line Co. The company purchases, markets and transports crude oil.

Houston offered the company strategic advantages that Tulsa could not provide, said Jay Clemens, president and CEO of the Tulsa Metro Chamber.

Both Tulsa and Houston offered a package of incentives, Sunoco Logistics has said. The company will sign a lease in the Houston area once the incentives there are approved.

Details were not disclosed on either proposal.

This is great news Kimberly. I could kiss you. Okay, now back to reality. This is great for Houston, and the state of texas.

But, I feel more and more sorry for Tulsa. I mean we already stole another oil company from them, (i forgot which CO. it was). I just hope Tulsa bounce back from it.

Great job, HOUSTON!

This is great news Kimberly. I could kiss you. Okay, now back to reality. This is great for Houston, and the state of texas.

But, I feel more and more sorry for Tulsa. I mean we already stole another oil company from them, (i forgot which CO. it was). I just hope Tulsa bounce back from it.

Great job, HOUSTON!

Yo, was that other oil compamy Citgo?

This is once again a BIG step for Houstion's already improving ecomomy:)

MAD respect to Kimberly for da good news!

I guess my question now is exactly what area of Houston will Western Pipeline System decide to call home. Due to office vacancies, they have plenty of buildings to choose from. Any wild guesses, though?

LOL @ 'Coog. Okies are our friends!

BTW, Sunoco used to be a pretty major player in the SE, including Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. My dad's brother used to own a Sunoco. Love the golden bruin when it was the company's more recognizable logo.

I wonder if they'll try to break in to the Texas market? Doubt it, but we'll see.