Dallasnews.com: Houston Is Sinking

I can't beleave someone would talk that crazy. Houston will not go under like he says it will. It takes thousands or millions of years for a land mass to sink, by then humans will be smart enough to figure out a way to keep it up. If Houston sinnks, so will be New York, Los Angeles, Miami (all of Florida) New Oreleans and all of the other coastal cities, then cities like Dallas will be next.

You guys should really read the Dallas forum's response to this article. Check out the entire forum for that matter. I bet there is a much different view of Houston expressed in the forum than many of you will expect. Most people in Dallas have a healthy respect for Houston, but love Dallas because its their home. I've always sensed a diffent vibe towards Dallas from Houston folks.

The DMN article was a failed attempt at satire and it certainly does not express the views of most people in Dallas that I know. I think we should all be thankful that we live in a state with so many great cities.

You guys should really read the Dallas forum's response to this article.  Check out the entire forum for that matter.  I bet there is a much different view of Houston expressed in the forum than many of you will expect. Most people in Dallas have a healthy respect for Houston, but love Dallas because its their home. I've always sensed a diffent vibe towards Dallas from Houston folks.

The DMN article was a failed attempt at satire and it certainly does not express the views of most people in Dallas that I know.  I think we should all be thankful that we live in a state with so many great cities.

I read their comments on the article and find it very mature of them.

I heard Galveston is sinking (but that is a 100 years from now so I heard) (I heard that on the news) and where I can read the article w/o registering?

Is this a joke? or professional journalism??

OMG!!! This article is crazy. Dallas News go find something else to write about!

I heard Galveston is sinking (but that is a 100 years from now so I heard) (I heard that on the news) and where I can read the article w/o registering?

Is this a joke? or professional journalism??

OMG!!! This article is crazy. Dallas News go find something else to write about!

Also if you click the link in post 19, it is posted there.

Reading this article we all assume...

"This is what happens when you keep building sporting palaces without knocking down the old ones. The cumulative weight makes the ground sink. Hope that last Super Bowl was a good time. Next, an America's Cup qualifier."

-Dallas's sporting palaces aren't good enough so let's go Houston's!

"From up here in Dallas

^^^ No, I don't.

Dallas voters recently overwhelmingly defeated a city charter change that would have changed their "Weak Mayor" - City Manager structure to a Houston style "Strong Mayor" system. The insult that you perceived was actually a compliment to Houston's strong mayor system and a slap at Dallas' refusal to change to what the DMN perceives is a better system.

BTW, The Rangers are 1.5 games out of first place. Houston just won 2 games in a row to improve to the 5th worst record in Major League baseball. In addition, the Rangers swept the 'Stros 3 straight in Interleague play, by a combined score of 27-6. Maybe Clemens should go to the Rangers. At least he would be with a contender.

Man! Dallas can only come up with one thing to poke fun at Houston and that's Houston's geographical situation. That's sad! No where in the article could they say that they have done nearly as much as what Houston has ( with the additon of 3 new stadiums in a period of four years, expanded hotel/ convention space) Hell, they can't even say they've maintained themselves as the second largest city in Texas! What's funny is everything great about "Dallas" is in the suburbs.

I don't even know how Dallas can even fix their lips to talk about Houston's sprawl when Dallas is known to sprawl to no end themselves!!! ;) lame

Sorry Dallas, i luv ya but u started it.

Man, how viewing this forum can ruin that impression in a hurry!

Let me qualify what I meant.

Houston seems more maverick to me, much more alone comparatively. In other words more like it's in it's own world and the rest of the world can kiss it's backside. It seems bigger, stronger and wilder. Maybe those are not the right choice of analogies but that's what I've found.

That being said,I find it healthy that there are individuals on both sides of the fence that defend there homes. They do it in Dallas to. By the way I read the entire Houston thread on Dallas Metropolis and found my initial suspicions to be right.

I would be concerned if my fellow Houstonians (I feel like one now) didn't fight an article like this. I know how to read, and aside from a little tongue and cheek referencing, that was a nasty article coming from a biased, ignorant and dare I say jealous perspective.

No dissrespect to Dallas is meant by this, I just thought i'd chime in as an outsider looking in.

Before you start critiquing us, try to remember that THIS particular thread was spawned by a pretty ugly article written by someone in Dallas, and the article had nothing good to say about Houston, and everything ugly to say about it. Now, don

I was just looking through my Budget Travel mag, and noticed the picture for the Dallas advertisement is the former Enron tower center. I wanted to call the visitors bureau and ask them for directions to that picture. Hmmm...

how about the pot calling the kettle black? how dare you question the integrity of this forum. You know well as everyone else that if the article was about dallas ,you would do everything you could to defend it. am i right? Even to the extent that you are willing to send a personal threat. my friend (713-214) that is unstable behavior.

• The topic was unlocked

Archived