Spring CVS Destroying Neighborhood

Montrose1100

Ok, at the corner of Kuykendal and Cypresswood Dr., was a strip center. Called the Cypresswood Strip center (hence the neighborhood), and they toor down part 1 of it (part 2 still in tack, next door). And the HUGE lot that it was on, was torn down, and today they put up a sign "CVS Pharmacy coming soon" OMG I WANT TO EXPLODE!!!

Ok, there is the big empty strip center on Kuykendaul and Louetta (like a couple blocks from there), they could have filled up the old Walgreens location, but NO! They had to tear down a filled up strip center, and built it there!! SHOULDN'T there be an ordiance against it or somthing!?!?

Really starting to hate CVS.... More and more....

Montrose,

Why do you have such a hatred of CVS?  They do a community a service when it comes to providing a cost effective service for people on their way home?

in your logic, they're no different from Walmart.  B)

ok, its mexico's goverment's fault for not stoping it, not Walmarts...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok, at the corner of Kuykendal and Cypresswood Dr., was a strip center. Called the Cypresswood Strip center (hence the neighborhood), and they toor down part 1 of it (part 2 still in tack, next door). And the HUGE lot that it was on, was torn down, and today they put up a sign "CVS Pharmacy coming soon" OMG I WANT TO EXPLODE!!!

Ok, there is the big empty strip center on Kuykendaul and Louetta (like a couple blocks from there), they could have filled up the old Walgreens location, but NO! They had to tear down a filled up strip center, and built it there!! SHOULDN'T there be an ordiance against it or somthing!?!?

the only type of ordinance for unincorporated Harris County, (such as it is & not like we have much in the city limits), is something designating streets "scenic drives". I don't know the full details, but somehow it does set limits on signage at least. Of course 1960 was too far gone, but I believe Cypresswood, Louetta, & Spring Cypress were all designated as such. the only other weapon is water districts can put restrictions on land they allow into their water district. But only at the time they enter their district. For example, I know Memorial Northwest down Louetta had people approach them for water on adjacent land. Some wanted it to build apartments the homeowners did not want, (right or wrong), if they didn't meet their demands on restrictions on the land use, they wouldn't allow them access to their water district. I guess there isn't much consolation in that....

• 3 months later...

I worked for Eckerds as the conversion started we were scared to lose our job's, we "thank god" did not lose our job's and we became a cvs which is suprizing because we have a brand new cvs less then a mile away on the same street Aldine Westfield.

As the conversion began I did not think of it until we got a new district manager and loss pravention manager I got terminated by LP "adam" for Theft out of pharmacy cash register when i asked for the proof he said it was none of my bissuness and fired me on spot! I find his way of investagating ____ down right wrong he fired a total of 6 people out of that store all off them were fired for the exact same reason everyone else got fired and each time they were fired he said the exact same thing that 200 dollars is missing so I think there trying to get rid of all eckerds employees in my opinion so I say DON'T WORK FOR CVS!!!

• The title was changed to Spring CVS Destroying Neighborhood